Let's see your military-related photo(s)

fstop61

I'm a retired photojournalist (newspapers) and over the course of my career I would go out of my way to photograph our nation's military. I thought it might make a neat topic to see everyone's personal military-related photography. ( I need to start digging mine out of storage, but I found a couple that I can share now. Did a story on the Georgia Air National guard when they flew the B1b Lancer out of Robbins AFB. And, no I didn't get a ride-couldn't even bring my cameras inside the plane. I'll post more as I dig up my files.

post-35406-0-73360000-1357345693_thumb.jpg

Boy I wish I had a scanner, I have around 200 photos, maybe more of my time in. But all I work off is this really nice Dell 700m lap top, a very nice size, but I doubt I can start hooking up all types of gizmos to it :lol:

How do you guys get pictures bigger than 150kb on your posts? I've got some great pictures but I have to keep shrinking them and then the detail sucks.

BEAR

You've submitted great photos so far--keep 'em coming. I found another one-- Army Engineers struggle to move a bridge section at Ft. Polk, La.

post-35406-0-25586700-1357403296_thumb.jpg

How do you guys get pictures bigger than 150kb on your posts? I've got some great pictures but I have to keep shrinking them and then the detail sucks.

BEAR

Bear give this page a shot, had very good results, play around with it, and you get the range.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I hope this is acceptable for your thread theme, if so I will post some more

A couple of cavalry soldiers in Manila

post-12145-0-53720100-1357530034_thumb.jpg

I took this during the last week of Jan 1990, during one of our Cordon and search missions, during Operation Just Cause.

I'll post some more later.

post-3699-0-76283600-1357616679_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

The first of many of mine, I finally got my friend across the street to scan some.

In my Barracks Room at C Co 2/12 Cav 1st Cav Div, July 1980. You know this is vintage, check out the Loni Anderson poster :lol:

post-34986-0-45939700-1372395176.jpg

Next month in August, now assigned to a differant room, we were constanly being assigned back and forth between rooms, never could understand why.

post-34986-0-17414100-1372395328.jpg

An candid shot taken by another platoon mate, out in the field, July 1980, he had his camera this time, and later gave me a copy.

post-34986-0-55667900-1372396173.jpg

I was still a E-2, but on this field problem my squad leader made me TC, perhaps to give me some experience in being a TC, he never said why though, I just did what I was ordered to do, but it was a change from being in the compartment, plus I got to grab hold of the 50 :lol: I do remember on the second day, we where ripping over broken terrain and I learned the hard way to keep the 50 on an angle when going fast over buppy and rugged terrain, we slamed into a shallow-ish ditch and I bounced off the spade handles with my chest as I was grasping the weapon pointed straignt forward and ahead, it was like getting a hard consentrated body blow to the upper torso, I thought I broke my chest bone :o but I sucked it up and it felt better soon, and I then turned the 50 off on an angle from then on.

One last one from Hood, me and one of my buddy on the left out there beyond the Cowhouse on yet another field problem, this one is from March 1981.

post-34986-0-05366900-1372397722.jpg

My good buddy here who will remain nameless is that former MP I mentioned once awhile back who was drumed out of MP Corps, well lets say for Mary Jane and reclassifed as Infantry. A Spec 4 before the trouble he turned up in our Platoon as an E-1 in the late fall of 80, and as it turned out was a good reliable soldier and platoon mate, no more problems, though when this photo was taken in March 1981 he still was a E-1.

He got his Mosquito Wings right before he moved over to the 2/7 Cav in May 1981, remembering that the 2/12 Cav was at that time being inactivated, with the 3/10 Cav an Armor unit taking it's place, all personel still with time left to serve in the Cav from the 2/12 Cav were transfered out to either the 2/7 Cav, the 2/5 Cav or the 1/12 Cav, the three remaining Infantry Battalion in the 1st Cav Div. Me? I was out of there, going North to Alaska after a spot of leave.

Here is a picture of my late father in Germany in about 1963. He was so proud to be an Infantry Officer. I have that parade helmet in my collection.

Steve

post-5349-0-17882300-1372455607.jpg

Ok This seems to have taken. It's an older jpg. It's me in Honduras in 1987. Lets see what happens when I post. SKIP

Skip-Trujillo, Honduras, May 1987 001_crop.jpg

Ok. The problem is somewhere in the jpg conversion. It's a good start. Rusty Canteen you called it well. SKIP

Figured it out. The pic I jpg'd hanged the order in my file. I thought it was the 2nd pic shown, but it moved into the 1st osition. I was just trying to post wrong one. Problem solved. Thanks for all the help from Rusty Canteen, and everyone else. Problem solved. SKIP

Skip parachute jump Feb 1972 001.jpg

This pic was taken of me in Feb 1972, 1/504th, 82d ABN. We jumped a C-141 that day. I took pics under parachute canopy also, if anyone cares to see them. SKIP

firefighter

You've submitted great photos so far--keep 'em coming. I found another one-- Army Engineers struggle to move a bridge section at Ft. Polk, La.

attachicon.gifENGINEER.jpg

Thats a great candid picture.Surprised the Army never used one like this for recruiting.

RustyCanteen

Ok. The problem is somewhere in the jpg conversion. It's a good start. Rusty Canteen you called it well. SKIP

I'm glad it worked! Those are some nice photos!

I have moved the other posts into their own thread so they don't clutter this one up: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/180798-photo-help-cant-upload-this-kind-of-file/

RC

RC-Have a few more wouldn't mind sharing. Now that I know how. Thank you for your guidance and patience. SKIP