Colt Marked M7 that does not fit the profile.

Misfit 45

On 3/31/2014 at 4:36 PM, M7bayonet said:

Out of curiosity, how many members own or have seen a Milpar Colt M7. I know they bring some really high prices and don't show up for sale very often. Last year one went for $600 on ebay. I am curious as to how many of them are actually in collections. I know they are not as plentiful as the Imperial Colts and we really don't know the production numbers for the Milpar Colts. Let me know if you have one and how many you have actually seen. They are really excellent made M7s.

Back from the depths, but I'm new here and just came across this thread.

I've been collecting the M7 for a good number of years, but haven't come across many milpar-Colts. As stated, all Colt M7's were pretty scarce until the "big lot" was discovered sitting in some bunker overseas and re-imported to the states back around 2007 or so. Someone here claimed hundreds were in that lot, but I'd say it was more in the 1000's from my observations. The gentlemen that found and imported them posted them up over on Sturmgewehr.com and that is how I first found out about them. Now they are floating around everywhere and I also see many of the W. German marked M7's around now as well. I picked up a Green Handle Colt off of e-bay a few years ago from the Colt 601 kits that were discovered in Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, once I received the bayonet I discovered that it was broken at the pommel/lug attachment and would just slide off the end. The seller claimed he hadn't caught the problem during his inspection, apologized and gave me a full refund. I think I paid $900.00 which was a decent price, but I didn't want a broken paper weight. I like collecting things that are in good working condition.

Thanks Marv,

Took a look at your post and the first thing that stood out is the blade itself...100% Milpar. I own several war era Milpar's and their blade style is very unique.

I had always wondered why their blade style was so unusual in comparison to the other manufacturers and then I ran across a specific blade forging patent from Milpar that someone found and posted here on the forum. On another note, I've also run into Milpars with both the rounded and 90* run out on the blades. I've read that the 90* is legit war time manufacture and the other is post war parts production, however the back story on the Imperial/Colt's being manufactured in the mid 60's with the rounded run out on the blades now throws a wrench into which run out came first. Needless to say, coming across the forum here has re-ignited my interest in the M7.