Local Auction Find - WWII 101st 501 PIR

Pops369

BW

Great Way To Start The NEW YEAR. Thank You for sharing the final tributes to this Young Paratrooper Leader who gave all for our freedom.

Regards,

John

10thMountainWWII

I've never seen a Purple Heart written on instead of the engraved name on the back. Very neat!

10thMTN,

It is actually engraved it is just the style used during that period of the war where they highlighted the engraving with a paint or ink. A more knowledgeable SME can tell us what was used.

Regards,

John

• 3 weeks later...

An amazing and historic group.I think the only thing missing is his uniform.

Thank you for sharing this group from a great and brave man. R.I.P.

• 1 month later...
mcreynolds99

This is my Great uncle, I would like to speak with you and see if you are interested in selling these items. Thanks so much for your time. Jamie McReynolds

Gamsdivision1945 - I not an expert but wouldn't the Band of brothers include all of the 101st that landed on D-day and after or is it just the dozen or so guys portrayed in the movie. Just sayin. Also, you must have traveled a long way from Florida to that Small Indiana town and not buy the grouping. There was only one other phone bidder besides me and he told the auction company he was from New York and had a museum.

gamsdivision1944

...I had someone bidding for me live while I was on the phone with them...not through the auction house phones.

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this post by accident. My grandfather J.bea was the brother of Altus McReynolds. Jbea McReynolds and Margaret Mcreynolds had 5 sons; Roger, Altus-Glen, Bill, Tim and Jbea.

I spoke with my Father today about his uncle Altus and his memories. We are both wondering how his collection got outside the family.

Any information would be great.

Joe McReynolds

Bob Hudson

I just ran into this post by accident. My grandfather J.bea was the brother of Altus McReynolds. Jbea McReynolds and Margaret Mcreynolds had 5 sons; Roger, Altus-Glen, Bill, Tim and Jbea.

I spoke with my Father today about his uncle Altus and his memories. We are both wondering how his collection got outside the family.

Any information would be great.

Joe McReynolds

In 99.99% percent of instances, someone in the family sold or otherwise disposed of it.

• 1 year later...

Hey Joe McReynolds, JBea is my grandfather he actually has 6 kids here in Evansville indiana before he married your grandmother in California.

• 8 years later...
Mindfreaker

Hello Joe, my name is Stephanie Dromgoole (Baggett). Altus is my great uncle. My paternal grandmother is Grace Alberta Baggett (McReynolds). I would love to connect with you & learn more about our family! 

IMG_4631.jpeg