I've inherited a few patches !

littlebuddy

Hi all !! just thought id start posting some photo's of some of the patches that i have inherited from my late uncle !! the collection consisted of usaaf flying clothing and uniforms and ww2 us army clothing ! there are loads of patches in the collection some of which im sure are not wartime but later may be korea or vietnam era !! ive posted a pic just to show a few there are 3 on the pic which are painted leather , but h you collector buffs would soon spot them !! any help on these would be great thanks very much for looking carl

post-106122-0-22839600-1356959412.jpg

Patchcollector

Looks like you have some nice ones there,I'm sure the Air Force peeps will be on soon to help you out with them.That 334th one appears to be personalized.

thanks !!! do you think the 334th is wartime or not ???? are these worth anything ?? im new to all this patch collecting thing ?? im not to bad on the clothing side !!! lol

As far as ID'ing patches and time period, pictures of the backs will help as much as front shots.

If these are from the family and you are just starting out collecting patches, you are off to a nice start.

As far as ID'ing patches and time period, pictures of the backs will help as much as front shots.

If these are from the family and you are just starting out collecting patches, you are off to a nice start.

thanks for the reply !! the photo's only show the main biggish ones that i have ! i do realise that the backs do tell alot more to the patches identity ! looks like ill have to take all the photo's again lol !! any there that take your eye ??? carl

do you think the 334th is wartime or not ???? are these worth anything ??

Depends on authenticity, but could be some better than average values in the mix.

Great start, I'd say.

O.K.; that one looks to be a Paki made patch. Which means it is a remake and not a WWII period piece.

never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you tell ??? what a great start !!! not

never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you tell ??? what a great start !!! not

hope your right cause ive just launched it into the bin !!!!!

p.s.

Before launching into the landfill, be advised that there are collectors of fakes/repros who do it on purpose for very sound historical reasons.

p.s.

Before launching into the landfill, be advised that there are collectors of fakes/repros who do it on purpose for very sound historical reasons.

know of any that want a Combat Crew patch lol !!! so you think the same then ???? repro ???

Never, ever throw anything away in this hobby. There is always someone who will want what you decide to part with. As Bluehawk stated, there are collectors of repop stuff. Some patch collectors will place repop patches in their collections as "fillers" until a better piece comes along.

well if anybody is looking for a repro combat crew bullion patch let me know !!!! which patch should i start with first for taking pics of ??? i could do with cheering up now !!! lol

know of any that want a Combat Crew patch lol !!! so you think the same then ???? repro ???

I have no opinion on that patch, but what I would do is to accept the opinion of the person who offered it to you.

If/when you do discover fakes or repros in your collection, then I would offer them in the For Sale section, as such - unless you wish to retain them for any reason.

Preserving fakes and reproductions is an important part of military collecting, so as to provide a reference basis which can be compared with originals.

Air Force patches exist in the gabillionzillions, so authenticity is everything - even the authenticity of a fake.

Patience...

thanks guys for all your help !!!! being a newbie i cant post in the for sale section as yet !!! so maybe soon you might start seeing some of the gear im selling off thanks again you have really helped me !!!

vintageproductions

You have some great 1950's-1960's Japanese made USAF & USN squadron patches in the group. Some are worth very good money.

You have some great 1950's-1960's Japanese made USAF & USN squadron patches in the group. Some are worth very good money.

at last some good news lol !!! would the value of these help towards another flying jacket for my collection ????? thanks carl

In short, yes.......

put me out of my misery, and tell me how much then ???? i could do with some good news to end the year off with !!!! just send me a private message thanks carl

Patchcollector

thanks !!! do you think the 334th is wartime or not ???? are these worth anything ?? im new to all this patch collecting thing ?? im not to bad on the clothing side !!! lol

I think that the 334th patch would be more recently made,as they were called Tactical Fighter Squadrons until sometime in the 80's,if I remember correctly.

It could be Gulf war era,it's just unusual to me to see a personalized patch that was more recently made.But,I'm not an expert on AF units,even though

I served in the Air Force :P