SAC missile combat crew commander helmet.

DutchInfid3l

Very cool.I have only seen pictures of these in SAC book's.I was in TAC & PACAF but always like the stars and bar that SAC used.What is MCCC for, Missile combat command Commander?

The missile silo hat hats were color coded for the persons job. I think blue was Operations, I have a list of colors someplace. I have two that I found in the toys at thrift shops years ago.

The missile silo hat hats were color coded for the persons job. I think blue was Operations, I have a list of colors someplace.

Thanks for the info! A color list, that'd be nice to see!

Here are the others in my collection...

Named to a Zane Chronic...

007.jpg

Named to a Barry Teitler, also have a color coded ball cap from one of his missile combat competitions.

009.jpg

Named to a Col. Thomas W. Smith

001.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

008.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 12/30/2012 at 8:44 PM, Third Herd said:

The missile silo hat hats were color coded for the persons job. I think blue was Operations, I have a list of colors someplace. I have two that I found in the toys at thrift shops years ago.

Correct blue were for launch command and operations, pretty sure red fire control, White is for branch officers squadron commanders etc, and green maintenance and tech.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but those are some great SAC hard hats! I really like the autographed 308th SMW one!!

Here's a couple of mine I might have posted here elsewhere :)

-Derek

IMG_0931-cropSM.jpg.710e39b529e5f71f946cd293b68cc424.jpgIMG_5735-crop.jpg.441f5d87426d2c60a4f5b7f4dee7ca5d.jpg