Are these uniforms legit?

alktrio06

I am looking these uniforms and am a bit confused. There are two patches on each? For example, on the second one I can see a 42nd infantry div and a 26th inf div. patch. What gives why both?

The first uniform supposedly belongs to a member of the 1st Special Service Force and the 474th? Did they have airborne troops in the 474th or Devils Brigade?

I'd like to pull the trigger, just not sure if these are legit...

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getLotInfo&lotref=D8440EE001

Patches indicate current and previous unit.Right shoulder is previous or called "combat unit" Left shoulder is the current unit the individual is serving in or in W2 many times the unit he ended up in when discharged.

THe Force uniform is correct as far as the patch arrangement.The Force disbanded and many members were used to form the 474th.Members in the Force who were assigned to the combat sections were parachute qualified both US and Canadians.THe PTO with star would be correct for the Aluetian campaign.THis is one uniform I would like to have in hand as they are highly faked or at least have some basic Identification markings to be researched.THe patches are correct in vintage and construction from what I see but are easily attached and to me they dont look like they have been on the uniform for the duration.Maybe its just the picture but I would like to see it in hand as well as the shoulder cord.

I believe the 474th only wore Ike jackets and used the theater made 474th patch. The 1st SSF cord looks like one of those movie prop jobs. Without a closer look it's hard to say. I'd save my money.

I would have expected the 42nd ID and 26th ID patch reversed as the 42nd ID stayed longer in the ETO than the 26th ID.

If this is a "going home" jacket (seeing the "ruptured duck" on it, I think it is just that), than it is not correct.

Erwin