Latest Additions

cgutierrez

Here are a couple of my latest additions to my WWII firearms/accessories collection. The .45 is a lend-lease Colt manufactured in 1943. It is all orginal (matching slide numbers, correct barrel markings, etc.). Because the Colt was made in 1943 I had to find a 1943 dated holster to go with it. Actually this is my fourth BOYT '43 hip holster. The first two I had, I had to trash because the dry rot was too far gone in them. The third BOYT '43 I had, I ended up selling at a militaria show because I did not have a '43 Colt to go with it at the time.

IMG_0238_zps38e19204-1_zps60ba6024.jpg

IMG_0243_zpse4cb6ec2-1_zpsd7b2cdfd.jpg

IMG_0241_zps58abcb01-1_zps80fead6e.jpg

That is a nice looking rig. Can you post a couple of pictures of the British proof markings?

Now you might feel the need to track down a pistol belt, a magazine pocket, spare magazines, first aid pouch, canteen, etc. It never ends.

I tried to add additional close ups of the pistol that would show the British proof markings, but not real good at good close ups. Also, for M1Garandy, I had to track down a full rig - just missing the suspenders.

IMG_0245_zpsc7e78bcd-1_zps1b5533c6.jpg

IMG_0246_zps340f6800-1_zps5164ac92.jpg

IMG_0249_zps3f98f1df-1_zps9369f8ed.jpg

I like the British made magazine pouch. I foolishly passed on one of those and a British made canteen cover years ago for a good price.

Thanks for the pictures of the proof markings as well. Is your pistol stamped "NOT ENGLISH MAKE" or "RELEASED BY BRITISH GOVT." with a year?

Nice rig.

No, the pistol is not stamped "NOT ENGLISH MAKE" or "RELEASED BY BRITISH GOVT.". Accoding to Clawson's book, the British Proof Act of 1955 eliminated those markings as an export requirement. So this pistol must have been exported out of England after 1955.

CG