Helmet Bag ID Help Needed

hirsca

Can anyone please help me date this helmet bag? Estate sale find today. Nylon (?) construction. Cotton webbing handles/reinforcement. It has the remnants of the Hap Arnold logo and two dfferent names hand written under it. TALON zipper. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-91652400-1356639918.jpg

post-12790-0-61553900-1356639938_thumb.jpg

Thanks. When we left the sale, I had the War Department Google the stock/item number and a couple of recent sales on eBay came up. While the info provided didn't give me the dates of use that I was looking for, it did reveal some very surprising selling prices. Can they really be going for $150-$200? Or is that just eBay histeria? Thanks again, Al.

Thanks. Very interesting. At the last Dallas Market Hall Gun Show, I sold a lot of clothing and accessories to a buyer from Japan. Makes sense. But the two buyers for the items I referenced before were from the US. Third party transaction? Thanks, Al.

nguoi tien su

Those are all prices going to collectors in Japan for the fashion business

Hell... I understand now why they get scarce and expensive.

I had one of these in near mint condition, tried selling it here on this board for way less than that, dropped the price several times. Put it on eBay with a low auction start price and as stated, it went to Japan for almost $100.

As much as I hate using eBay, if it doesn't sell when I set up again at the next Dallas Market Hall Gun Show (Jan. 5&6), I guess I'll list it there. For all of my Forummer friends who will be attending, please stop by and say hello. My brother and I will be at tables AA16-18. Thanks, Al.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my helmet bag from my second tour. Bag is dated 1970. Continued to add patches of units I flew with up until 1978. The 129th Caveman patch is rather rare and it is my understanding that this was the only patch in which the US Flag was authorized, it was worn during the rescue mission to Pakistan.

post-6022-0-01543400-1357676024_thumb.jpg

post-6022-0-43004000-1357676059_thumb.jpg

If you sell it on eBay, make sure you get the words "flight helmet" in there. There is a huge group that check those key words.

For the heck of it, I put it on a 3 day auction on eBay so I would have it for the show if it didn't sell. Well, it's on its way to Japan for $123 plus shipping. Amazing. And I sold one of the modern ones (Like the one hawk3370 just posted-minus patches) at the November show for $20. Go figure! Thanks, al.