Which do you Recommend?

Jack's Son

The usual. It was something of a tradition among the local "yutes" to raid old man George Thurman's watermelon patch. First foray of the season, he'd switched his planting up and instead of watermelon we found cantaloupe in the usual spot. We wandered a little too close to the house looking for where he'd put the watermelon, and he gave us a rousing sendoff. Myself and one of my accomplices brought out souvenirs; they went into the skin but there was just enough still sticking out to grasp with a pair of needle-nose pliers and twist out. And I did want them out...felt like someone was putting out a cigar on my skin.

I am sorry to hear of that. Maybe you should send TBOT an email about that. He retests things people ask him to when they have solid reasoning.

If you can't find a AR or Mini 14 then IMHO you can't beat a M1 Garand. For some reason the politicans don't see them as a threat even though they did a very good job in WW2 and Korea. Unless you are being attacked by a horde, a 8rd enbloc clip is enough to protect you.

I think every reasonable home owner should have a shotgun, a rifle even a lever action 30-30 can but rounds down range fast and a handgun.

I agree on the M1. I shot one at a range and I did not feel under-armed at all. I felt like I could take on anything with that rifle.

JS

Go to Rugers webb page.You can see what they currently offer.Their version of the 1911 45 auto is very hard to find.For the last year no one can keep them in stock and they sell fast.A co-worker finally got one.I imagine they will be near impossible to get now unless you pay the "going rate"

http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14/index.html

Heres a Para Ord 45 I was able to pick up.I posted this before.It was avaible to people/families with connections to the 34th Div. when serving in Iraq.Came with 5 high cap mags

post-342-0-80539400-1356841891_thumb.jpg