US Rack - Philippines

Darktide

My father-in-law was a Philippine Air Force (PAF) general that retired in 1971. He was a cadet at the Philippine Military Academy (PMA, the Philippine equivalent of West Point) when war broke out. The cadets were all sent home (some did fight the Japanese, in different capacities). I never asked my father-in-law what he did during the war as he never talked about it. However, most of his ribbons and medals are US.

He became one of the first officers in the then new Philippine Air Force. I inherited most of his insignia and military stuff. The pilot's wings (pilot, senior pilot, command pilot) are interesting as they have the Philippine seal in the middle but are US made, by Meyer, New York. Apparently, the PAF still had their various insignia made by Meyer. I have some of his old bullion wings as well.

Sorry for the pic quality... Used a scanner for the first 2 pics.

His rack... covered in old, yellowed plastic. He has the medals that go with these.

pap2r.jpg

His wings... They are Philippine Air Force but made by Meyer, N.Y. (marked at the back) I didn't know that Meyer made insignia for other countries.

pap3.jpg

Also found these cuff links with his stuff... Probably given to him.

pap4.jpg

Extraordinary !!

Never seen anything like this.

Did you get any photos or uniform parts ?

Many thanks for taking the time to post this.

M

Extraordinary !!

Never seen anything like this.

Did you get any photos or uniform parts ?

Many thanks for taking the time to post this.

M

Yes, I do have some photos of him in uniform... Black & white pics though. Also do have some uniform parts.

Don't be shy.

I for one would love to see it all.

His bullion pilot's wings... Don't know if it's US made for the PAF. I have never seen another. It probably dates from the late 40's to the very early 50's. I really like these. Still have to scan and take pics of his other stuff.

pap1c.jpg