How much did you spend this year on militaria?

Justin

I spent a lot, but scored some great helmets! Will hopefully have time to get some photos in the new year and post in the helmet section at some point in the near future.

craig_pickrall

I cant say because my wife might stumble on this thread and that would incriminate me!.... :mellow: ....mike

Smart, very smart!

I learned many years ago not to think about how much I spent or how much I sold something for. Once I started adding up the collection value and scared the crap out of myself not even half way through. I try to follow the sound and simple economic theory of "Buy low and sell high."

I cant say because my wife might stumble on this thread and that would incriminate me!.... :mellow: ....mike

Exactly my thoughts! :lol:

For me personally, I spent more this year than I ever have in the past, but I obtained items/groups that I never thought I would get may hands on. Items that I believed only existed in museums or collections that would never become available. It was a fantastic year, but one that will hinder my buying for the next few years to come. Fortunately I acheived my main goals of collecting in my area of militaria...... however, I'm finding myself wondering....now what?!?!?

2013 will more than likely be a year of selling some items to pay for this years purchases and working on properly displaying the great items I will be keeping! Hopefully, it will also be a year of sharing some of these groups/items with the forum!

Happy Hunting!!

JD