Battle of the Bulge / Ardennes Impressions

MichaelDecker

MichaelDecker

I thought that since winter is here, and We're in the middle of the anniversary of the Ardennes offensive that it might be fun for people to post pictures of there Ardennes / Battle of the Bulge impressions / displays. I'll post pictures of mine tommorow when my camera is charged.

- Michael

MichaelDecker

Thanks, Looks good!

Sorry for the delay, The pictures I took on my camera were too large to upload.. I'll try taking new ones on a different camera.

- Michael

Thanks, Looks good!

Sorry for the delay, The pictures I took on my camera were too large to upload.. I'll try taking new ones on a different camera.

- Michael

Mike, you can try to resize them here, see if it works for you, I use it all the time when I find online photos and are too big to upload here on the forum.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

MichaelDecker

I figured it out, Thanks Patches!

My sister took these pictures of me on christmas with her new camera, and It wasn't all that cold (Had a tshirt under the overcoat) but I hope you like my pictures :D

- Michael

post-104762-0-29290900-1356650946.jpg

"Noise in the distance"

post-104762-0-78739900-1356650948.jpg

"Pausing for a drink"

post-104762-0-43457900-1356650951.jpg

"Christmas in Bastogne"

I figured it out, Thanks Patches!

My sister took these pictures of me on christmas with her new camera, and It wasn't all that cold (Had a tshirt under the overcoat) but I hope you like my pictures :D

- Michael

post-104762-0-29290900-1356650946.jpg

"Noise in the distance"

post-104762-0-78739900-1356650948.jpg

"Pausing for a drink"

post-104762-0-43457900-1356650951.jpg

"Christmas in Bastogne"

New to impressions? doesn't look all bad, but you would need alittle work on the steel pot, we see it's a repaint of a newer shade, Glasses, well they are modern, and the M1, what is that M1.

MichaelDecker

I've been reenacting for 6 years, but I'm pretty new to WW2. The Steel pot is one that I repainted.. I need to get cork paint. I stripped off about 8 coats off paint, but It was only ten bucks so not too bad. The glasses were the best I could do for now since I only have civil war glasses.. and the M1 is a prop I built.. It looks pretty good for now.. I had a few people ask me if I was old enough to field with a weapon when carrying it so until I get the money I think it'll have to work. I usually field as a medic. :dry:

Thanks, Michael

Understood, maybe the Civil War period glasses can SUB for WWII in a pinch. That M1, you did a very decent job scratch building it, I for one thought it was a 40s-50s Army training aid type weapon.

Since your new to WWII collecting and all, you can sink your teeth in to this topic, all 37 pages of it, you will see and learn alot from this one hugh topic, also I recommend just going through all the pertinant topics here in this Reenacting Forum as well as the others Uniforms, Field Equipment, even the Photos Forum can be of help when you least expect it, in due course you will get the range.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22029-lets-see-your-impressions/

Here's a pic of me when I went out to play in the snow the other day. May favorite part about my uniform selection was wearing two wool shirts.

post-85550-0-61647500-1357074534.jpg

2nd Armored in Europe

hello Guys,

You can only do it in the ETO in the right place at the right time with the right guys .

You need to check out 2ndArmoredinEurope on facebook and get in touch with JOHN HAYWORTH via facebook too and all your ETO visions can come true

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sandlapper! Just saw your post. Yeah man, I am out at Folly.

I'm up in the North Charleston, Summerville Area. Are you involved in a re-enactment group here in town?