WW2 paratrooper officer garrison cap

mdk0911

I just picked this up and I like it alot. I haven't seen this kind of paratrooper patch before so I had to buy it.

The parachute on the patch is metal and the bar is marked sterling. Comments please

post-80886-0-95657900-1356186904_thumb.jpg

Interesting!...ive seen a few bullion para cap patches but yours is different!....maybe a German or Italian or Japanese made?....some guys collect just these and will know from the style where it was made.....mike

Actually looks like it is a post WWII British RAF "parachute badge without wings" and not a WWII US Army paratrooper cap patch at all.

Known as the "lightbulb", its for those who are jump qualified but do not/have not served with an actual jump unit.

Vance

Is there any name in the hat? Americans seemed to use a lot of British uniforms and badges durn WW2.Probably something he saw in a shop and had it sewn on?

Is there any name in the hat? Americans seemed to use a lot of British uniforms and badges durn WW2.Probably something he saw in a shop and had it sewn on?

Try looking under the leather sweatband all the way around the hat, ive found names written under there many times.....mike

My gut feeling is that the patch was added retrospectively. Someone mistook it for a US airborne officers' cap patch and added it to the cap to "jazz it up".