Advice on Repro Jump Boots

coolhandluke

Is anyone familiar with the manufacture of the boots in the photos below? I am looking to purchase a pair of repro boots for general wear/ use, but am unsure of what route to go. The boots in the photo are used and approximately 1/2 the price of the ATF repros.

If the boots in the photos are cheap Chinese Corcoran knock-offs, does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice, durable, and affordable manufacture?

KGrHqZjQFCeplnuPBQwmmUmUQ60_57.jpg

KGrHqFrUFCNyPcsBQwmnGYC60_57.jpg

T2eC16h8E9s4l90uBBQwmmlLyL60_57.jpg

KGrHqFp0FCywJ4n-BQwmnUrJog60_57.jpg

KGrHqNrUFCNqzWhbBQwmng1vDw60_57.jpg

The Chinese stuff tends to be made of cheaper materials. If you are going to be wearing them a lot I would buy the ATF ones. You might find some used ones on eBay.

Corcoran (the actual company that made them during the war) still makes the boots, to the WW2 spec. I can't find their website, but I bought a pair a couple of years ago... I'd believe that they could make their own boots properly, and that they are a pretty good pair of repros. I'll edit the link in, if I find it.

The price of the boots would be $75 + shipping. I'm not sure if this is a fair price for a used set of repro boots. A 10.5R in the later USGI boots fits me perfectly, so I'm assuming either a 10 or a 10.5 in the repros should work. Unfortunately, that is also the main reason that I am on the fence about purchasing a used set...no returns if they do not fit and the boots have likely already formed to someone else's feet that may be larger / wider than mine.

Those are one of our jump boots made to true WWII spec for us by Corcoran. I can tell by the stock number. The boots currently made openly by corcoran are not made as closely to the WWII spec as we ordered them. The difference is mostly in the interior components that are not visible.

These are righteous Corcoran jump boots, not cheap repros.

Juan said it - they are Corcorans!

Footgear is an important piece of any Soldier's kit, whether active duty or as a reenactor - spend the $$ and get the Corocorans

I've had a pair of the modern historical brown jumpboot by corcoran and at current At the Front Jumpboot. I perfect the ATF boot to the Corcoran. The Corcoran finish is spray panted brown, the leather is not of great quality and after putting a few miles on them the soles and heels began to separate. I ended up taking the Corcorans to a cobbler, and he said they were some of the worst quality boots he'd seen. I've had had my ATF boots for 2 years now and 30+ miles on them and other than a small squeak in the left boot they have been flawless.

Garandomatic

Can't speak for recent made Corcorans, but I opted for a pair of their WWII style boots in about 1996 instead of a high school class ring, still got em, have worn them quite a bit, and have no complaints.

• 4 months later...
1st.marine.captain.17

It depends. I bought a pair of Corc directly from milsurp store and one from WWII Impression three years ago. Both are doing OK, so to speak. I have to strip both, grease them hard, heat them dry and then dye them again just to get the right russet finish. It took me a total of a whole month.

Modern boots are often done sloppily whether if you believe it or not. And how long do they last depends.

One small tip for these boots. Melt paste wax down to liquid state and "paint" over both sides of stitching should one enter the field, wherever that may be. That waterproof stitches and reduce chances of sole separation.