Couple of color images from a 427th Bomb Sqd.

R Michael

Hello all I thought I would share a couple images from a good sized slide grouping I picked up recently. I have not been able to ID the plane this fellow flew on but here is a nice image of "shoo shoo baby" in flight.

Mike

post-1387-0-75796900-1356008313_thumb.jpg

post-1387-0-61609200-1356008347_thumb.jpg

AAF_Collection

Mike,many thanks for sharing those,that first photo is just stunning! I have been working off and on,for a few years on a project centred on the wall art and station signs of the Eighth Air Force so that picture is of particular interest to me.

Matt.

Glad you all are enjoying these. I have 150 slides from this airman from training in the states thru deployment in England. There are few shots of planes sadly but many with fellow crewman etc.

Mike

AAF_Collection

If you would like to post other shots Mike I for one would love to see them!. I must admit I prefer pictures of people and places over aircraft.

Regards,

Matt.

The 427th was based in Molesworth. So I assume this is What Molesworth looked like in 44-45.

Mike

Wonderful shot,I wonder if anyone on here can ID the village?.

AAF_Collection

It could be Molesworth,though there are a number of villages in the area,and guys in the Eighth did get around. I have a movie shot by a guy in the 351st at Polebrook and his trips took him all over the UK.

Johnny Signor

Very cool first photo of the boys with their squadron patches on the A-2's along with the 303rd Group and the Squadron emblem on the wall behind them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

I agree with all of you and this grouping is one of the highlights in my collection. I was doing some reading as the fellows with the "Dozy Doats" are in the 3rd so I am guessing this was when the owner finalised his training before joining the 8th

Here are a few more.

Mike

post-1387-0-37321800-1356457322_thumb.jpg

post-1387-0-62297500-1356457346_thumb.jpg

Wonderful color shots. I especially like the one with officer in what looks like a pink overcoat. History lives in thes photos.

Johnny Signor

I agree with all of you and this grouping is one of the highlights in my collection. I was doing some reading as the fellows with the "Dozy Doats" are in the 3rd so I am guessing this was when the owner finalised his training before joining the 8th

Here are a few more.

Mike

The 3rd AAF was a "Stateside" Command , so most likely this was the crew photo just before or during thier training there and before going overseas to Combat .

• 2 weeks later...

The 427th was reactivated in 2012 at Beale AFB as a Reconnissance Squadron with MC-12W aircraft. They are using the Bunny patch has their heritage patch.