Question about the Navy CB Ranks

tbirdismypride

tbirdismypride

post-1973-1204128279.gif

post-1973-1204128226.jpg

To make a long story short, I am doing research on my Father in Laws Dad who was a Electrician's Mate 2nd Class in the Seabees in WWII. Which type of rating would he have had on his uniforms? Would it have been the Eagle and the globe for a Electricians Mate as in the 2nd photo or the actual letters of "CB" as in the 1st photo?

post-1973-1204128279.gif

post-1973-1204128226.jpg

To make a long story short, I am doing research on my Father in Laws Dad who was a Electrician's Mate 2nd Class in the Seabees in WWII. Which type of rating would he have had on his uniforms? Would it have been the Eagle and the globe for a Electricians Mate as in the 2nd photo or the actual letters of "CB" as in the 1st photo?

The block letters "CB" rating badge specialty was, officially, very short lived, from May-Dec of 1942, if I recall correctly. It is much more likely he wore the EM2c rating badge along with the "CB" distinguishing mark on his sleeve.

tbirdismypride
The block letters "CB" rating badge specialty was, officially, very short lived, from May-Dec of 1942, if I recall correctly. It is much more likely he wore the EM2c rating badge along with the "CB" distinguishing mark on his sleeve.

He was in the Seabees in late 43 to early 46 so that would probably be right.

Thanks for your help!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" Here are some pictures of CB specialty marks I used to own, but gave away to a neophyte collector. think.gif Sarge Booker ([email protected]) Had no idea anyone collected them unless they were part of a rate? I drew these based on the ones I once possessed, 400% larger than actual size in India on velumpaper.

post-837-1205387344.jpg

post-837-1205387355.jpg