Help with Ka-Bar Commando Knife I.D.

gap

Mikedon, thanks for sharing the information and your thoughts on the Case Q knives.

In hindsight, I feel I have derailed this thread on the KA-BAR Commando knife. My apologies. I should have started a new thread for the Case Q knives.

If anyone with the power to move this conversation reads this, if you could move this coversation starting at posting #22 and title it "Case Q Knife Variations" it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

The blade finish on my Ka-Bar Jr. has an almost matte finish that is quite uneven in color compared with other wartime finishes.

Looking closely at the other blued blades on the last page, it seems this may be a common factor with these.

I just bought the Randall book by Robert Gaddis there is only a small section on the Zacharias-Commando knife by Randall - it is mentioned in the book that in 1943 the use of the word "commando" had become quite popular in the press around that time, and inspired quite a few knives by name.

My little ka-bar is third from right in the pic.1WprZQg.jpg.09eb0906ab34dcc2b80fb803175eb99c.jpg