Mermite container parts

rascal64

M41, or M44?

If its M44 parts you are looking for , try these guys. They used to have a bunch of mermites for sale, and misc parts in boxes laying around.

http://www.goodtogomil.com/

Btw, I am also looking for two of the thin round gaskets for my M41's.

Both of mine are missing them. Anybody have a source for them?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

A original M41 mermite gasket would be unuseable now as the rubber would be worthless in most cases.

I too have two M41 mermites and would love to find gaskets for them but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe someone will make repros but considering how rare the M41s are, I doubt it.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone come up with a solution for a seal yet, would love to use mine in displays but without the seal it's pretty useless.

Has anyone come up with a solution for a seal yet, would love to use mine in displays but without the seal it's pretty useless.

It works fine even without the gasket. I use mine all the time and even in bright sunshine, there's always still ice at the bottom at the end of a display day, no matter how much sun was beating down on the thing.

Unfortunately mine doesn't I used mine 2 weeks ago, it's winter here, put a bag of ice in mine and with in a couple of hours its melted, my mermite is in decent condition, I have a M1944 one and it will keep most of the ice frozen for 24 hours or so but isn't right for display, I tried to make a gasket for my 41 one with draft seal adhesive strip but it didn't work to well.

That's odd because I have two of them and they work just fine without seals. So do all the other owes owned by members of my group (there's probably about 10 total if we all brought all ours to one event).

Could be down to climate, my lid is rather loose without the seal so perhaps it's warped, but it doesn't work well here without the seal, another member of my group has one with a seal and it works fine.

527688_10151139276543632_99282976_n.jpg