Air Corps Pinwheel patch,printed on felt version.

AAF_Collection

AAF_Collection

I have a uniform with an Air Corps Pinwheel patch which is a felt patch with the pinwheel printed onto it,now I know I've seen this very type of pinwheel discussed on the forum but I can't find the thread!.

I can't remember if the general consensus was that this patch is legit or not and would welcome any comments.

Thanks,

Matt.

That does look different, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Neat to see another variation. There seems to have been a lot of variations of this patch, I've got no less than 7 different ones in my collection.

Vance

Here is a photo of a Corporal wearing GHQ pinwheel patch variation. Also he is also wearing the 17th Bomb Group (Medium) distinctive unit insignia on his uniform.

Mark

post-1786-0-43063700-1355700140_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Tiffany&Co.llector

That does look different, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Neat to see another variation. There seems to have been a lot of variations of this patch, I've got no less than 7 different ones in my collection.

Vance

Seven!? I thought I had a lot with five! Would you mind posting a picture of your variations so I can see what variations I am missing?

As far as the printed on felt goes... It's legit! I have one in my collection :)

Tiffany&Co.llector

Here are my five variations... The printed on felt is the one in the top right corner :)

Top row is all felt ... Bottom row is fully embroidered

post-109465-0-73527500-1360819622.jpg

Tiffany&Co.llector

Here's more tiffany, do you have another name to call you other than tiffany :lol: these are from the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia reference forum near the bottom of the main Forums page.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/115890-early-pin-wheel-aaf-hq/

Much appreciated! Tiffany is actually my real name (and my favorite maker :D), so Tiffany is just fine!