My dream gun safe

mdk0911

I think there is another stack of magazines behind the first stack. Now if it was me in the zombie apocalypse, all I would need is 1 MG81, about 10 million rounds of API 8mm in belts, a nice stone castle with high walls, and plenty of Narragansett to drink. Oh, and flare gun and flares, lots and lots of flares.

I subscribe to the notion of having one primary gun that you are extremely familiar with,gear to feed it and maintain it,a good sidearm and knife.Also a good set of boots.

Sam Elliot said it best in "When We Were Soldiers"....When asked why he only carried a .45 pistol and no rifle. He replied.."There will be plenty lying around when the shooting starts."

I have never been able to shoot more than one gun at a time,ride more than one motorcycle,drive more than one car and so on..

The more you have the more you have to lose.

What no flame thrower or Bazooka

Well, zombies don't have armored vehicles and I can easily set them on fire by spraying them with gasoline and shooting a flare at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: Like 82psb said, efficiency is the name of the game.

I subscribe to the notion of having one primary gun that you are extremely familiar with,gear to feed it and maintain it,a good sidearm and knife.Also a good set of boots.

Sam Elliot said it best in "When We Were Soldiers"....When asked why he only carried a .45 pistol and no rifle. He replied.."There will be plenty lying around when the shooting starts."

I have never been able to shoot more than one gun at a time,ride more than one motorcycle,drive more than one car and so on..

The more you have the more you have to lose.

Yeah, but if one is none and two is one......then that guy only has, like, three rifles.

I pity him. Sucks to go to the gun shop and sign when there isn't anything interesting anymore, being not yet ready to step into the one of every maker bracket of WWI-WWII rifle collecting.

I, alack and alas, have long been partial to belt-fed weapons for those under-lethal-attack occasions. And, as stated, lots of ammo....and spare barrels, and Break-Free, LSA, multi-tool, hammer, cleaning rods....and more ammo....and a couple canteens of cooling water.....and at least one cigar.

• 2 weeks later...

Only need one reliable suppressed .22 caliber rifle (lever or bolt action, with iron sights and scope) and you can get anything else you want without drawing too much attention. A .22lr is perfect as it can take down a person or animal, it's light weight, plenty of ammo and you can carry a lot of ammo without too much weight. If you need something bigger, I'm sure that there will be plenty of other people carrying what you need, be it thugs, gang, .gov employee, etc. Retreiving your prise would be the difficult part and might take a little patience.

What I see is endless cleaning, oiling and maintenance.

Less is more.

It reminds me of the guys I see showing up at the local indoor range with their expensive hardware. They will set the target for 15 to 20 feet and they are lucky if they hit anywhere near center of target.

Meanwhile I am teaching my daughter to be on target 25 to 40 foot with a .22 revolver.

The wood and steel to plastic and aluminum ratio of the safe in the picture appears to be way off ;) .

I hate to think what you'd have to spend today to duplicate that setup.

Think of having to recycle all that ammo into other mags to release the tension on those springs! Even with stripper clips and an adapter it's going to take hours.

Spathologist

Think of having to recycle all that ammo into other mags to release the tension on those springs! Even with stripper clips and an adapter it's going to take hours.

It's the recycling that hurts the springs.

Load 'em and leave 'em.