Is $2.50 a good price for choc chip covers?

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

I was at my crappy local surplus store today and found a big box of pasgt helmet covers. It was a mix of woodland and choc chip covers and a few desert camo ones. Is $2.50ea a good deal? I'm sure it is but they were also selling smelly pasgt helmets without covers for 95$ the only reason I didn't get one is because I don't have a pasgt myself.

I would buy them all day long for that price...i usually see them at the local army/navy store for $4-$8 and i will pick up the interesting ones, graffitti, early dates, patched or rank marked etc.......mike

SergeantMajorGray

I don't think any of them had anything on them but I didn't go through the whole box. Also on the choc chip covers next to the dsa number and size it said parachutist helmet do they all have that?

Oh yeah, thats also a factor, size matters!....they are cool to have and there are actually alot of variations in the colors and there are some that were made without the foliage slits during Desert Storm.....mike

Almost all were medium/large I only found one small.

I think for the size, they are a good price, shows in my area "try" to get 10 to 15 for them.

Good find...

That's a good price but you're not going to retire off them. Get what you want for yourself and maybe a few to sell, but the market is limited and prices low.

Manchu Warrior

I once purchased about ten or so at a flea market for $1.00 a piece. I put them in the same box in the top of my closet with about fifteen or so East German visors that I purchased at the surplus store for $4.00 a piece. Who knows what may happen in the future?