late 40's-KW era cast brass NCO rank insignia

Kration

I recently picked up a grouping of heavy rough cast brass NCO rank insignia and name plate badges, I'm guessing 1948-51 in country made as they are fairly crude. Each has threaded posts with small flat brass spinners on the back. I've seen them worn on the M1951 pile cap in pics. Any input would be most welcome and appreciated.

Looking for other examples

Kration

post-107-0-40448200-1355108507_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...

Just came across this topic. These are indeed cast brass rank insignia from the Korean War period made by the South Koreans. There is a topic on the forum dedicated to these badges. The name badge is pretty interesting, I haven't seen one before.

10 hours ago, Reforger said:

Just came across this topic. These are indeed cast brass rank insignia from the Korean War period made by the South Koreans. There is a topic on the forum dedicated to these badges. The name badge is pretty interesting, I haven't seen one before.

I seen one like it,  in a book, I'll have to scan it one day soon to post here.

And here they are, three officers actually I found, 1954 and 1955 in the Far East, so we imagne this Brass NAME Plate with Rouneded Corners was something made in Japan, maybe Korea as well.

2049642949_plate10001.jpg.406160fc97b86452e4aeb5298674a1ee.jpg

First up one Col Eade Hardaway C.O. of the 34th Infantry 24th Infantry Div in Korea in 1954 getting a LoM, no info found so far on him online.

1466349920_okinawa550001.jpg.8f04f418e1b571b8ffd409bce0bddf47.jpg

And two officers on the left in this group on Okinawa in 1955 are wearing the type, some others with that Leather Plate with Window and Paper/Card with NAME on it. One we can see COCKE, the Medical Corps, will one Joseph G. Cocke.

• 1 year later...

This one here has it background painted Red, Red for Artillery, a small grouping of a 780th Field Artillery Officer, the 780th FA Bn was a X Corps Artillery unit in the Korean War.

branch colore brass.jpg