Unknown USAF Patch--Adrian Drew Patch 1

woofdog19

I purchased a significant number of items from Adrian Drew's estate. He set the world speed record in the F-101 Voodoo. He flew a number of different aircraft such as the F-105 and squadrons like the 15th TRS during Vietnam. I have not been able to identify a couple of the patches I got in this grouping. Here is the first patch.

Thanks for any help identifying this one, Paul

post-91444-0-43074300-1355104113.jpg

I agree.Look's like radar domes with F-106's.Could be Niagara Fall's.Look's like waterfall's in the foreground.Not sure about the goat / ram.

Thanks for taking a look. The information defintely gives me a couple of new starting points to do some more research on identifying the patch.

Thanks, Paul

• 3 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Hello,

I was a neighbor of Col. Drew growing up and he was one of my inspirations to become a pilot.  I got to spend a lot of time with him, knew him well and I referred to him as my Uncle. I unfortunately didn't know about the estate sale until years later.  What items of his do you have?  I am trying to locate his helmet. He showed it to me once and I will never forget it.

He is wearing it in the youtube video of his record breaking flight. Hopefully you are still on this forum!

Thank you