Who were the WWII Navy Amphibious Forces

Flashlarue

Here is my dumb question for the day. What Navy rates would have been part of the Amphibious Forces who wore the red and gold shoulder patch? I have seen a few, Pharmacist, Cook & Motor Operator. So who made up the Amphibious Forces?

Here is my dumb question for the day. What Navy rates would have been part of the Amphibious Forces who wore the red and gold shoulder patch? I have seen a few, Pharmacist, Cook & Motor Operator. So who made up the Amphibious Forces?

It's not a question of rating, but of training and/or unit. Amphibious forces had every rate the rest of the navy had. From "All Hands", July 1944:

post-3982-0-26396100-1355069713_thumb.jpg

Justin B.

• 6 months later...

My grandfather was a coxswain on the LST 57, 1944-45. I have seen a photo of him wearing the patch on his blue jumper.

My understanding is that all types of ratings were found in these type of units, just like shipboard right, rates for actual shore landings, like Coxswains, Radiomen operating all differant types communication gear, Signalers etc, then the trade rates, Machinists etc, Clerical rates like Yeomans etc, and of course Medical.