Dunkeswell Memorial Museum

jerry_k

Good morning.

I would like to introduced a great web site about a NAVAL AIR STATION in England: http://dmm103105110.btck.co.uk/

The owners of the site still try to buy a old buildings from the base and start to make there a museum! Everyone can help and make a dotation for this very good cause.

Let's make a history still alive!

The best regards,

Jerry

• 8 months later...

Hi Jerry

Here is an update on the museum.

UPDATE: We at the museum are now putting forward to see if anyone would like to help with our appeal by buying a square foot of land as a donation. We are asking for people to donate $25.00 (includes the exchange rate to pounds ) or £10.00 with this donation you will get a years membership of the museum (with newsletters every three months ) and we are also looking into putting all the names of people that buys a piece of land on a wall in the rebuild building for all visiters to see in years to come. If you fill you would like to help please use this website http://dmm103105110.btck.co.uk/ and click on the Campaigne /Donate then scroll down the page and use the PayPal link.

Also here is some information about the museum. I helped to start a Museum (Charity No 1052892 ) called Dunkeswell Memorial Museum at the only USAAF and US Navy Anti Submarine airbase in England and Europe in world war two. This base was the home of the 479th Anti Submarine Group with 2nd,4th,19th and the 22nd Squadrons and VB 103,105,107,110,114 and VB 63 Squadrons of the US Navy Fleet Air Wing 7. There are many buildings that still exist today from WW2 left standing around Dunkeswell airfield. One of them is the administation complex. These buildings were the last buildings that all crews went in before flying their missions and sadly some never came back to these building and the base. These buildings are VERY REAR as they were only used by the USAAF 479th and the US Navy Fleet Air Wing 7 Groups doing Anti Submarine Missions to help to defend the supply convoys to England from attacks by U-boats and surface vessels which were out in the Atlantic and the Bay of Biscay. The Administation Buildings are the only ones left outside the United States of America left standing from WW11. The Museum is trying to raise £110,000 to buy the administration complex and the land this will be a permanent Memorial building for the Dunkeswell Memorial Museum, for all who served at Dunkeswell during WW2,including the 39 Officers and men of the USAAF who lost there lives in combat and also for the 183 Officers and men of the US Navy who lost there lives in combat and the 49 killed in non combat. One Officer from the US Navy that was based at Dunkeswell was Joseph P Kennedy Jr older brother of John F Kennedy. Joseph was at the base until his death on the 12th August 1944.
The Museum website address is http://dmm103105110.btck.co.uk/ . If you know how we can get this help or if anyone can find it in there hearts to give a donation to this good cause with a letter of support and send it too the address on the website or by paypal using the Museum email address of [email protected]. All I am asking of you is if you would put the word around about our appeal and I will say that if my email has upset you in anyway then I will say that I am very sorry for asking.