Medic bag help?

tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90

So I've tried looking this up but just haven't had any luck. I picked up a medic Dogtag set who served in Normandy and like my gi/musette bag set I want a medic bag to go with my medic tags. Did they just use the standard medic bag, or was there something "special" they used. I even referenced bob lol but even roes bag looks different. Any thoughts or photos on gi/d-day medic bags?

Army medics assigned to front line units (platoons, companies and battalions) in the ETO would have been issued the expanding medic bags and possibly the yokes depending on what unit they were assigned. Contents of the bags would also vary depending if the medic was enlisted, NCO or Officer. If you want more information about the medic bags, I would suggest you visit this page http://www.med-dept.com/personnel_kits.php. For those assigned to clearing stations, field hospitals and evacuation hospitals, they probably would not have the medic bags as they were intended for the front line medical care. As for original equipment, the bags are still fairly easy to find thru the regular sources but prices can be a little high. The goods for the inside have gotten more difficult to find but prices have stayed fairly consistent over the years.

Do you have any pictures of your Medic Dog Tag Set? That might help with an ID. This might be helpful to others that are in similar situations as yourself. Also, if you reslove your question I would like to see images of the correct medic bag you are trying to find. Just a thought. Good luck with your search and I will help out if I can. Also, I have some WWII items I could part with, send me a PM with items you are looking for.