Some 196th patches and "Beercan" tinnies

riflegreen297

riflegreen297

The other day I was asked if I wanted a bag that was about to be thrown out. In it were these items. Not sure if they are real or worth anything, but pretty neat all the same.

post-492-0-73107600-1403902516.jpg

post-492-0-30185100-1403902521.jpg

post-492-0-88684700-1403902528.jpg

post-492-0-64809100-1403902535.jpg

post-492-0-89323300-1403902544.jpg

All the tinnies have the plastic backers like these:
post-492-0-58717500-1403902549.jpg

"help stamp out the drug bug" what is that one from?

Just an educated guess... either an in-country detox program or a drug investigation unit.

Those 196th patches are nice as well. I also like the 1st AVN Bde pocket ... looks like a metal badge.

Hard to believe anyone would throw this stuff out.

You came along just in the nick of time I would say, or else this stuff would of wound up, as our British comrades would say, In The Bin!

Very nice 196th Inf Bde patches, one of them looks to have been taken off a uniform, thus the lack of the paper backing, it simply detriorated from laundering and fell away when the patch was removed.

That bug pin is interesting, like gwb says something to do with a detox, most likely a anti drug pin, kinda like those 80s up to today pins that Say No To Drugs, you know worn as a novelty type pin, to show that they did not do drugs or approve of there use, that the Military would be better without this plague etc.

post-34986-0-15917800-1354512137.jpg

These " Clutches" on the above pins, can we see more of them, what are they, little balls?

vintageproductions

The initials on the bottom of the bugs feet will probably give a clue to what unit the beercan is related to.

These anti-drug beercans were usually worn by the MP's who guarded the detox facilities.

Also, these clear plastic backs are very typical of Vietnamese made. The look just like a clutchback but instead of two pinched pieces it is a small tab to pull them off.

Korean made ones are usually blue or green.

Just an educated guess... either an in-country detox program or a drug investigation unit.

Those 196th patches are nice as well. I also like the 1st AVN Bde pocket ... looks like a metal badge.

Hard to believe anyone would throw this stuff out.

I have talked to thousands of vets and thousands more family members.

You wouldn't believe how much they have thrown out.

Very nice collection and worth some money.

The initials on the bottom of the bugs feet will probably give a clue to what unit the beercan is related to.

These anti-drug beercans were usually worn by the MP's who guarded the detox facilities.

Also, these clear plastic backs are very typical of Vietnamese made. The look just like a clutchback but instead of two pinched pieces it is a small tab to pull them off.

Korean made ones are usually blue or green.

Your right on those cluthes bob, what I was seeing was an optical illusion :o sure I know these types, seen them up close and in hand quite a few times.

• 1 month later...
riflegreen297

What do the letters on the bottles/feet say? Also how big is it? Would love to have it if you part with it.

Man, sorry for missing this question. The letters looks like: 5 5 S E.

Better shot of the clutches:

003-11.jpg

004-12.jpg