M1 Garand and 1919A4

Hi everyone, here are some of my US weapons. I have two M1 Garands both are Springfields and both have serial numbers that indicate a late 1943 to early 44 production date. Both rifles have mismatched parts and show post war refurbishment, example both neither have locking bars on the windage knob. The one rifle has post war upgrades with NM op rod, rear and front site and a Danish VAR barrel. The two 1919A4's are both semi auto, one in 3006 and the other 7.62. The tripod is an izzy surplus item. url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=201&u=17347750]00414.jpg[/url]00514.jpgurl=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=151&u=17347750]00612.jpg[/url]00713.jpg00914.jpg01012.jpg01112.jpg01510.jpgurl=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=212&u=17347750]01613.jpg[/url]01910.jpg

Nice set ups. The parkerizing on the Brownings is of a surprisingly light shade. Immaculate overall condition!

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Very Nice!!! I really appreciate the effort you made in the photo with the 1919A4 in the bush on the tripod!

Dan

Thx and God Speed!

Sgt (ret) Dan Perry, Hvy SP FA, Ordnance/Turret Mech 45D-2, M110A2 8' 203 mm Cold Steel On Target!

Son of a 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Paratrooper!

In memorial of my Father, Cpl Floyd R. Perry, served Sept 42-Sept 45, MP, Infantryman, Hvy Mortar Crewman, Paratrooper!

Purple Heart w/1 oak leaf cluster; Bronze Star with/V device; EAME w/1 Silver Star, 1 Bronze Star, 2 Parachute Invasion Arrowheads; Good Conduct; Occupation Germany Medal; American Campaign Medal; WW II Victory Medal; Combat Infantrman Badge earned in Southern France; Paratrooper Wings w/ 2 Bronze Stars; Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation w/1 oak leaf Cluster, French Croix De Guerre w/Silver Gilt Star; Belgian Croix De Guerre; Belgian Fouragere; www.517prct.org www.wwiiadt.org

Next...

'No matter what the question ...the answer is always Clausewitz.'

'A nation's strength is defined not by the size of its army, but by whether it means what it says.' Prussian MG C.P.G. von Clausewitz

* The MER of an excuse is zero meters.*

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience." GA Omar N. Bradley

"It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key." PM Winston Churchill

donation2011.gif

Elvis,

Welcome to the Forum.

Very nice weapons!

In regards to the M1919A4:

A good friend of mine has similar, in CAL30.06 . Although it has been 'supposedly' converted, to fire both cloth and link-fed belts, the linked-belts do not seem to be nearly as reliable as the cloth-fed belts.

post-21709-0-24150200-1354335728_thumb.jpgpost-21709-0-24150200-1354335728_thumb.jpg

Would be interested in your experience/recommendations, in such...

[Please forgive posting difficulty.]

Thank you.

Regards,

Don.

'No matter what the question ...the answer is always Clausewitz.'

'A nation's strength is defined not by the size of its army, but by whether it means what it says.' Prussian MG C.P.G. von Clausewitz

* The MER of an excuse is zero meters.*

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience." GA Omar N. Bradley

"It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key." PM Winston Churchill

donation2011.gif

Thank you for the complimets everyone. Don to answer your question about metal links, i agree that the cloth belts seem to be more reliable but if the weapon is set up properly to run link, for example bullet guides/bullet stops are in place you should have no issues with link as long as you are using the proper link developed for the weapon. My 7.62 1919A4 is set to run on the izzy made link, now i have been told that 7.62 izzy link only differs from USGI 3006 link in that the izzy link has Hebrew markings on it where USGI does not. Now i may be wrong, and i hope that someone can correct me if so. I also believe that you can fit 7.62 rounds into a 30 cal link and vise versa, again correct me if i am wrong. Link developed to use on the M60 GPMG will not run through a 1919A4 i believe.

Nice .30 cals... I recently obtained a M1919A4 Display gun built on an old parts kit. From the looks of things, it should be easily converted back to firing condition by replacing the right side plate. I'm looking at having it sent off and having it rebuilt as a semi auto gun. You need to look at picking up an M1 ammunition can for it... it will make it look a lot closer to WWII period when displaying it. I have mine posted in the Favorite item of 2012 thread if you wanted to take a look. It's a little rough, but I'm looking forward to getting her cleaned up and completed.

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Hi Wayne nice to meet you. I checked out your 1919A4 and it looks good, glad to hear you plan on bringin her back to service :D. Is the tool box with your 1919A4 a spare parts box ?

I dont think that particular tool box is the proper chest for the M1919 but it came with the gun and will do until an original comes along. This one is pretty gnarly inside... it had been used to keep the extra T&E and some leaky oil cans... so it will need a good cleaning. Slowly but surely I'm picking up the bits and pieces to go with it. I'm looking at the possibility of having mine rebuilt by Ohio Ordnance into a Semi gun... less bureaucratic BS that way... It won't happen for awhile yet... something I'm going to have to save up for. It's a pain having a hobby like this on an Army Pension.... Too many wants, not enough cash!!! LOL

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

• 1 month later...

Nice M1 garand. Im saving up for one now. Have about $750 to go!!!!

Always looking for WW2 USMC militaria and WW2 Corpsman militaria. If you have any you don't want or want to sell let me know, I might be interested.

donation2016.gif