Bob Hudson

Tiger Stripes Part II

Great pics, the first one with the striker on guard and his daughter with him is monumental , thanks for posting :thumbsup:

9025.jpg

Great pics, the first one with the striker on guard and his daughter with him is monumental , thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Thank you--glad you liked them. Here are a couple from LIFE magazines that you may, or may not have seen of Marines in 1965.

post-70-1257296512.jpg

GB

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2018.gif

Hello,

Your 1st set with tailor tag is a modern repro, "improved" in Thailand.

The last set is very nice, could you post few more pics of the pants please

Hello,

Your 1st set with tailor tag is a modern repro, "improved" in Thailand.

The last set is very nice, could you post few more pics of the pants please

Thanks, when did they start making these "Thai" repros with these tags?

The last two sets are very small, the "A-L" and the "A-M" closeups are from the middle set pictured. I have yet to scour the last set for markings.

Any idea on what the last two sets would fall into tiger pattern wise?

donation2012.gif

the middle set are golds, or if you use johnson's classifications, late war dense advisors.

the last set looks like what johnson calls john wayne sparse.

Thanks, when did they start making these "Thai" repros with these tags?

The last two sets are very small, the "A-L" and the "A-M" closeups are from the middle set pictured. I have yet to scour the last set for markings.

Any idea on what the last two sets would fall into tiger pattern wise?

I don't know, but your set is probably a Tiger Product reprint, then dishonest seller added the Viet tailor tag, the ink stamp like yours never exists, only size was stamped

The other 2 set are legit Tiger Stripe pattern: the middle one is late war pattern in Asian cut with mid wieght material, the last one is Zigzag (or thing pattern) seldom encountered, the cut must be close to Og107 fatigue cut, probably another tailor made set

"Golds" and "Zig Zags"

As far as the suspected repros go, have these tags and stamps been seen before? If so when did they hit the market?

THANKS

donation2012.gif

"Golds" and "Zig Zags"

As far as the suspected repros go, have these tags and stamps been seen before? If so when did they hit the market?

THANKS

Hi AK101

I agree with Copran i believe is repro not made in Thailand but in Korea or Japan

But maybe is one that we never seen before ????

The other is good to me late war and zz one

Cheers J

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

Hi AK101

I agree with Copran i believe is repro not made in Thailand but in Korea or Japan

But maybe is one that we never seen before ????

The other is good to me late war and zz one

Cheers J

Thanks

Great info!!

donation2012.gif

Help wanted, what pattern

post-5424-1257948888.jpg

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Help wanted, what pattern

post-5424-1257948888.jpg

Be careful, It might be modern repro of silver pattern, short brim bonnie hat is often copied

Looks like it is a silver pattern

I concur....

Interesting - looks like there is some staining/discoloration near the bottom of the of crown. Do you have photos of the inside?

It's just one of the current fakes from eBay, you can tell by the bullet band and the brim, they are all made the same way, possibly out of real material.

I concur....

Interesting - looks like there is some staining/discoloration near the bottom of the of crown. Do you have photos of the inside?

Here is pic from inside

And no...its not from "eBay"

post-5424-1258000119.jpg

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Here is pic from inside

And no...its not from "eBay"

post-5424-1258000119.jpg

It's hard to tell from the photo... From my experience, the brim usually has a rolled edge. However, there very well could of been some made the way yours is. Again, it's difficult to tell from the photos.

Hi guys,

What do you folks think of these trousers? Civilian copy or not? I picked them up at a local thrift shop with a mix of other camo clothes. They are made from lightweight, non-ripstop cotton and have a zipper fly. The zipper is marked "RAPID". The cargo pockets are secured with one button. I have had a few tiger stripe shirts, but they were made of a heavier material and I don't remember them having the standard issue US buttons. No tags or markings remain.

These remind me of the ones that we would see in the surplus shops in the 1980s, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

post-203-1258114427.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Hi guys,

What do you folks think of these trousers? Civilian copy or not? I picked them up at a local thrift shop with a mix of other camo clothes. They are made from lightweight, non-ripstop cotton and have a zipper fly. The zipper is marked "RAPID". The cargo pockets are secured with one button. I have had a few tiger stripe shirts, but they were made of a heavier material and I don't remember them having the standard issue US buttons. No tags or markings remain.

These remind me of the ones that we would see in the surplus shops in the 1980s, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help!

post-203-1258114427.jpg

For sure is Hunting clothes BEAST

Cheers Jerome

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif