Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

1 hour ago, FT.Monmouth1943 said:

Reproduction tiger stripe top imho. Looks like it’s copying the gold pattern.

- Jakob 

They are the golden stonewash that Moore USA /SOF UK  retails in store. They were available from GoGo1944 before Moore/SOF sold them. 

Thanks for the info... 

I was psyched by that pickup ... its a cool Tiger Camouflage top, but it's ARMY and LRP so I'm no Valor stealer and since it's no real ......

It'll just sit on a rack next to my USAF Issued Woodland Camouflage Goretex

the only piece of my uniform that I kept was my Woodland Camouflage Goretex ... issued to me at Aviano AB Italy... 

My aunt has my cold weather M51... literally the first piece of uniform that was issued to any of us in the Air Force...

I remember that we all got these M51's and some old guy was sitting in a chair and it was raining outside lackland AFB 321 Training Squadron in June of 2002... apparently they had floods around San Antonio but we never saw any of that because we were on base. 

haha you guys are too cool. You know about all the camouflages... Anyone come across those Sample Blue tiger stripe ABU's they tested in 2005 / 06' in the USAF??? Those were cool, I was on board to wear test them but they gave it to some guy on day shift 6am to 4pm .. I was 4pm to 11pm but we had the bulk of the flight line work... basically you wanted to take care of all the work at night because it was seen as less QA people around...

The guy that got to wear them was like Mr. Air Force so I don't blame them, and he was a good mechanic so I could'nt complain. 

I thought they looked like Navy with that Pointy hat. We wore baseball Caps to represent our squadron but they wanted those wear testers to wear the pointed hat.

I think they were supposed to give those back but it was loosely enforced.

lol

attached is a photo of me in literally my last week in the USAF

I wasn't supposed to go TDY so close to getting out of the Military but I knew I'd get an incentive Flight... I was egress.... they treated us very well... better than Crew chiefs sometimes.  So I was guaranteed because I was the senior man who hadn't received a ride yet....

ol... 88-8165

9.1 G's 

Mach Speed  

Couldn't do max climb takeoff so as to preserve fuel so that we could do maneuvers later....

my ambition in life after that was to smoke weed and collect the MGIB lol 

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 2.00.25 PM.png

• 1 month later...

Watched an interview with John Stryker Meyer this am and I thought it was interesting what he said about this famous pic of himself. He said this pic was taken after some unregulated team photos were taken where they geared up for "image". He said other SOG teams might have but, due to comfort/dampness, RT Idaho wore the standard fatigues and never wore tiger stripes on actual missions. 

MACVSOGthanksgiving4.jpg.505ef7f7f0a4cb839ffdac552a9be41c.jpg

SOG RT Mamba

an Tiger Stripe shirt Attributed to Robert P. Robbins who served in Vietnam with 101st Airborne LRRP Tiger Force ,1966-68. Also a picture of him.

s-l1600 - 2022-04-23T155035.408.jpg

s-l1600 - 2022-04-26T170618.248.jpg

robert-robbins-houston-tx-photos48.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Robbins stuff was at auction there were 2 pants 2 shirts and 2 hats. further details here:

Robert Paul Robbins, Jr.
1946-2015
Robert Paul Robbins, Jr. died unexpectedly on September 6, 2015. He was born July 18, 1946, in San Antonio, Texas. 
Robert grew up in Abilene. He served three tours of duty in Vietnam as a Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LURP) ((Robbins who served in Vietnam with 101st Airborne LRRP Tiger  Force ,1966-68. Also a picture of him)).

where he earned four Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star Medal, and various other medals. When he returned to civilian life, he returned to Abilene and obtained a BA from McMurray College. He then moved to Houston and worked at a Southwest Bell (and affiliates), retiring in 2000. Robert also owned a plant maintenance business serving corporate entities in the Houston area. After retiring, Robert enjoyed maintaining his own greenhouse. He was a licensed boat captain and fishing guide in the greater Galveston Bay Complex. Robert loved the camaraderie of other fishing guides and his clientele. He also found great pleasure spending time with his son, grandchildren, and his stepchildren at his waterfront home on Trinity Bay. 
Robert was preceded in death by his parents, Robert Paul Robbins, Sr. & Jean Teague Reilly; his stepfather, Dr. William Reilly. He is survived by his wife, Kathleen Rolston Robbins; his son, Robert Paul Robbins, III; grandchildren, Robert Paul Robbins, IV, and Ciera Smith; stepsons, Ben and John Crump; his sisters, Candace Leigh Matlock (Benny), Rebecca Reilly Nivers, and Colleen Reilly (Patrick). 
A visitation will be held on Friday, September 11, 2015, from 2-5 pm at Heights Funeral Home, 1317 Heights Boulevard, Houston. A reception will follow at The Heights Villa, 3600 Michaux, Houston.

Robert-Robbins-jpg.jpg

Remembering, Robbie Robbins and Frank Dunlevy and their service during the Viet Nam War 1966-68. Both Volunteered for Military Service and the Airborne, both served in the 1st Brigade , 1st/327th Battalion ,101st Airborne, made Famous as “The Band Of Brothers” and Commanded by Col David Hackworth (America’s most decorated Soldier of the Viet Nam War).

Robert Robbins

Robbie was awarded 2 Purple Hearts, and the Bronze Star and Frank was also wounded 3 times. Robby served in the Battalion Recon Platoon (The Tiger Force) this single Platoon had two members awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, an Army Unit record that stands to this day. Frank served in C Company, and the Cobra Recon Team, first as the RTO and then as the Team Leader. Their two units worked in close proximity to each other on multiple operations and were both involved in the Raid on the “Tuy Hoa Prison Compound” in late 1966, that freed 15 South Vietnamese Government and Military Officials from an NVA Prison Camp, with both Units being Awarded the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry for this action. Frank later served with the 82nd Airborne.

Frank Dunlevey

In June of this year, Frank will be Honored as “A Distinguished Member of the Regiment” in a ceremony being held at Ft Campbell Ky (Home of the 101st Air Assault Division) for his service in Viet Nam and his more recent Service in the Last Administration at the Department of State as Chief Banking Officer and Senior Advisor. He intends to specifically recall his High School Classmate “Robbie Robbins” in his acceptance speech.

Source: BLOG: Harris County Criminal Lawyers Assoc ..Memorial Day Tribute June 1 2021.

• 5 months later...
CptJayTubaugh

First post btw. Love tigerstripe, but this is all I got right now as far as that goes. Everything I have is multicam or some other strange camo. Pair of jeans in a tigerstripe/lizard type pattern. Not military, but very military inspired aesthetically. Just thought I’d drop it in to see if anyones seen anything like it before. Curious if it is some edited tigerstripe offshoot.

D3D9A61B-747E-4694-94F8-1608190D6D65.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Here’s a tailor shop set of tigers from 1968.

This print is Nothing to do with the VNMC as stated by Gimp on Facebook.

It’s simply a copy print that was for sale to anyone who wanted it.

owen 

1F12B925-2784-4CE0-97D5-4EAC82504774.jpeg

And here’s some LRRPs wearing the Tailor shop tiger.

Not a cell phone or Marine in sight.

Just the beautiful and calming sound of cricket’s 

owen 

B0314954-90D5-4E78-BCDF-914D536AD8B1.jpeg

45F00E1A-1248-4BE3-A43B-ABBC305B36D1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

In all the years I have been collection today was the first time I have owned a tiger stripe beret. Got it at the Inspiration Show at the Pasadena Civic this afternoon. I think it's one of those weird tailor shop prints. And surprisingly it fits. This will be a keeper unless something comes along I want more.

Beret 1.png

Beret 2.png

• 2 months later...

A little bit of an odd ball here.  A set of tiger stripes used by a US Special Forces advisor to a special unit of the Afghan Local Police in the Paktika Province circa 2012.  The special unit was led by Colonel Azizullah Karwan.

351466360_542437321227136_4634549609034777447_n.jpg

351118666_266712899210823_389683010204482978_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately was outbid on this one, and the penny has only just dropped as to what it is. It was listed as coming from the estate of an Aussie SASR member and as being an Australian test uniform from the Vietnam war period. One of the shirts was posted on the tiger thread a few years back. However, it is clearly the same as the US test uniform shown in one of the attached pics. Now am really kicking myself for not bidding more! 

Apologies if this now belongs to a forum member - I have waited a week before this posting. 

4c610d3b6cb3356d929fe0127d8c550d copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.39.58.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.39.52.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.39.49.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.40.21 copy.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.40.15 copy.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 07.40.07 copy.png

• 5 months later...
Austin_Militaria

Windbreaker Cut Tiger Stripe Jacket in a HBT material, British made zipper and parachute lining. Has one stamp in the pocket. Not sure of the age or origin.

20231014_200939.jpg

20231014_200849.jpg

20231014_200103.jpg