Tiger Stripes Part II

Don't know about what patterns were rolled or screened but I was digging through my pile of Tiger boonies and I found a nice used Tiger boonie in a specific pattern. I thought I had only one like this and I found 3. All made identical, black cotton lining ,white size tags and grommets not through the lining. I think they are multiplying while I had them packed away. I think I'll pack them away more often.

Mitch

post-592-0-77373100-1403397954.jpg

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2020.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about what patterns were rolled or screened but I was digging through my pile of Tiger boonies and I found a nice used Tiger boonie in a specific pattern. I thought I had only one like this and I found 3. All made identical, black cotton lining ,white size tags and grommets not through the lining. I think they are multiplying while I had them packed away. I think I'll pack them away more often.

Mitch

Try as I might, I can't seem to get my Tiger stuff to breed in captivity.

Worse than friggin Pandas

D Co. 5/20th Inf 2nd ID Camp Casey ROK
HHC Scouts 2/7th Inf 24 ID Ft Stewart GA
A Co. 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG
HHC Scouts 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG

donation2014.gif

Mitch

Fantastic, Mitch!

I'll try also with my stuff! Who know that I'll be able to multiplied my collection!

Best, Tiger

Formerly known as Pik As

What I see is a Japanese pattern, a Okinawa pattern and a Thai pattern. The Japanese prints were done on rollers, can't say for the Thai pattern.

Many thanks, really kind!

Anyone knows if the Thai pattern is rollers too?

Which are the pattern silk screened?

Best regards, Tiger

Formerly known as Pik As

Would be funny if in a class the teacher, instead of explaining something, said the students: have already explained it last year, go to look for in the 2013 graduates notes!

Formerly known as Pik As

I will post what I have posted on numerous occasions, these collectors on this forum will help everyone, until they feel thy are being taken advantage of.

When you post something like this:

I think that it won't be easy!

There's 89 pages in the Tiger stripes thread no.1 and 50 in the second one...

It just makes you sound lazy and that you are looking for instant gratification instead of doing the proper research. This is when other collectors stop helping.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

There really is a wealth of info here if you take the time to look for it.

Take a few nights to read thru it. You'll be surprised at how quickly you can get a grasp on the stuff. If you come back and have questions folks will notice if you've done yr homework. Then you might actually learn something instead of clogging up an otherwise awesome thread.

D Co. 5/20th Inf 2nd ID Camp Casey ROK
HHC Scouts 2/7th Inf 24 ID Ft Stewart GA
A Co. 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG
HHC Scouts 4/12 Inf 1 AD Baumholder FRG

donation2014.gif

There wouldn't any obstacle and not even useless chats if simply someone had responded me to the question.

I am moderator in the Luftwaffe rooms in a Italian forum and if I had answered to some member in the way in which has been answered me, I would have been taken as ill-mannered person. For how much stupid can be a question I always try to answer or send a link to the correct thread.

Evidently we are different. But no problem!

Thanks anyway.

Pik As

Formerly known as Pik As

I am moderator in the Luftwaffe rooms in a Italian forum and if I had answered to some member in the way in which has been answered me, I would have been taken as ill-mannered person. For how much stupid can be a question I always try to answer or send a link to the correct thread.

Why do you need a link when the thread in question, you are posting the question on?

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

There wouldn't any obstacle and not even useless chats if simply someone had responded me to the question.

People did respond and helped. I don't understand what is wrong with being directed where to go to read for the answer.

post-104659-0-91810400-1403906554.jpgI got these two short brimmed boonies the other day from a vintage dealer in the Chicago area. Made with a variety of different tiger pattern scraps.

Both have grenade rings and one has jump wings. Cool but crudely made. The inside top of the crown has a lining type of material. I've seen a couple of posts here of tigerstripe boonies made with scraps but don't know much about their history and authenticity. Any insight/comments on these would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt