Tiger Stripes Part II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not hold myself out as an 'expert' but I will share some observations:

a.) I have seen this pattern on newsclips of SVN Marines evacuating Da Nang in 1975

b.) I have seen this cut of blouse (but in ARVN Ranger Leaf camo) on a picture dated 1974

c.) The material appears to be poplin, not ripstop as this particular camo pattern is often found in

d.) Does not appear to be any stampings or any other markings

Conclusion => The uniform itself is *possibly* from the late war era (1974-75), certainly after the cessation of the *majority* of US involvement. The lack of a stamping in the collar is a problem however.

I cannot speak for the insignia - I do not know when the last USMC advisor left SVN but this shirt would indicate that it was '74-75. This might be the case but I am doubtful.

hey,

i have a document movie with an arvn march in 74-75. the tigers they are wearing in this docu have four front pockets like this ebay link, but i dont sure about the pattern.

if you like, i will make a screen-shot only for you!

thanks GIMP

I have really enjoyed seeing the pictures here on this thread, and thought you might like to see this Airborne/SF woman. Sorry its sideways.

post-2063-1252884525.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

"Bullets make the best goodbyes. The more people I meet, the more bullets I need."

I was just catching up on my reading.... the first thread. You guys mentioned tigers used in movies. Back on post 1270 or so, there were some shots of one used in the Green Beret movie.

I'm attaching photos of my set - matching shirt and pants in that very lightweight material. Note the buttons.... also the pockets (or lack thereof) on the pant legs. Just the flap is there.

Interestingly, inside the pants is marked "Stacy w/leg on". Note the marked out "Western Costume Co" stamp as well.

I'd love to try and match up my set with the photos Vintage Productions has of from the costume dept. Maybe see who wore this set by matching the stripes?

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Man, I love this thread....

101_3754.jpg

101_3748.jpg

101_3751.jpg

101_3753.jpg

101_3750.jpg

101_3752.jpg

Just made it through the 100 pages of the first thread.... wow.

After reading it all, checking out the pictures, I'm blown away.

I haven't been keeping up to date on collecting tigers for about 4-5 years. Maybe bid on an odd item here and there on e-bay but quite honestly, I got sick of all the fakes being sold as originals. Just by chance, I found this website and then these threads. Man, is it refreshing!

One point made several times in the first thread was RJ. I have to admit, I've been using those names and explanations as my only reference for years. I think I'll be making a conscious effort to change my language from here on out. So if I slip, you all have permission to e-pimp slap me.

It's also nice to see some guys on here I've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm looking forward to becoming a regular on here...

Hi All,

Copran,

You got a very nice early classic pattern set I love brownish-yellow tint you don’t find this very often! Great :thumbsup: !

Dodtown,

Welcome to the best thread on this forum!

Nice US cut classic pattern set on post 180 I like the boonie most!

Your Western Costume Co. set its absolutely great!, that’s definitely one of those sets made for the movie The Green Berets!, that’s a real rare find :w00t: !!

Butcher,

great pictures!, keep on coming :thumbsup: !

Great Movie uniform .

On the trousers you will notice the fake back and leg pockets present .

Do not forget that Tiger uniforms were used in close incounters of the 3rd kind mountain scene .

Cop ,

One of my favourite cuts in tiger , well done

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Great Movie uniform .

On the trousers you will notice the fake back and leg pockets present .

Do not forget that Tiger uniforms were used in close incounters of the 3rd kind mountain scene .

Cop ,

One of my favourite cuts in tiger , well done

owen

Owen, I believe you've seen/held this movie set some time ago. Way back when at Ft. Macarther about 6-7 years ago.