Bob Hudson

Tiger Stripes Part II

A reverse of Red Dawn !!!!!

Green Dawn !!

owen

spooner_1.jpg ( www.projectdelta.net )

B-52 PROJECT DELTA 1966

9025.jpg

I just recieved a golden tigerstripe set from sssmwholesale and it looks really sweet, only two small flaws are a tad oversized cigerette pocket and a bit lower positioned small cargo pocket which should be closer to the larger cargo pocket but other than that i have no other negative remarks, weight, material, pattern, buttons, everything seems just right and oh yeah, dont like the huge size stamp and there should be a hanger but hey, lets not be so critical, after all its just a very good repro , any comments ?

009-14.jpg

012-14.jpg

014-11.jpg

017-4.jpg

013-15.jpg

006-19.jpg

9025.jpg

Hi B

Thats a classic "John Wayne Gold" set isn't it? :lol:

The set looks no bad for me I like the bright colours with the dark black stripes :thumbsup: !

Nice repro at all!

Regards

Mike

Hi B

Thats a classic "John Wayne Gold" set isn't it? :lol:

The set looks no bad for me I like the bright colours with the dark black stripes :thumbsup: !

Nice repro at all!

Regards

Mike

Yes, i noticed about the pattern, JWD-Gold crossover pattern, i like it though !

Please post some pics of the late war tiger set you bought, would like to see it upclose ,ordered one too !!!

9025.jpg

Hi B.

here some pics. from the late war light wight repro.

When I received it I was positive surprised about it the colours was looking much more authentic then on the pics from the seller!

I washed the set two times now and the shape gets looking better and better.

I don't know how all the other repros look especialy after several wash cycles because thats the only one I got for now.

Anyway there did a very good job on selecting a good fabric and on the pattern print as well.

post-4070-1252098491.jpg

...you dont say :lol:

152.jpg

Ether the guy in the TS is super short, or the other guy is super tall, or both. :lol:

Im quite noob when talking about tiger-stripes

So im asking info about this shirt? which pattern is it?

post-5424-1252424843.jpg

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

HI mhk

the pictures are not realy sharp but it's definitely a "silver pattern"

I'am not 100% sure if it's original or one of the extra nice MASH repro? but my feeling says it's a VN war period piece?

Anyway even not bad If it's a MASH repro because the price of them is very close to the original ones!

Whit some better pics. and a cloe up shot from the camo print we could make a more exactly statement.

Regards

Mike

Better pic

post-5424-1252432518.jpg

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

Another

post-5424-1252432552.jpg

Ran across this photo tonight. It's graphic, but I thought you all would still like to see the uniforms.

post-70-1252633183.jpg

post-70-1252633201.jpg

GB

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2018.gif

Awsome combat photograph .

You can just feel the tension and stress of battle .

It is written on the faces of everyone present .

Looking deeper into the picture you will notice the uniforms damage .

A stunning image .

Thanks for posting .

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Unfortunately yes!!

the guys in the pic. with the worn out tigers are some survivors of a frightful battle!

MF

Hi all,

My latest purchase, a set of early war cut with pleated pockets, made in classic pattern. This one has brownish-yellow tint. The set is in mint condition in A-S size

post-1523-1252788812.jpg

Great thread....

I'm new to the board. I probably know some of you - Owen, "comic book guy" ring a bell?

hello everyone .. whats the best repo tigers ya can get in the states or world wide to date whould everyone say ..i ahve seen a lot on ebay and been wacth ing a few ..one set sell for £38 total inc shipping so am leaning that way as cash is tight ..have just started doing LRRPS .i have been wanting to do nam for a while now ..have been doing ww2 2nd rangers for the last 7 years and this will be a side line for me ..only have a few bits to date ,,and only want to know more about the nam side of things

andy

Thought I'd post a photo of one of my sets.... I've got some reading to catch up on - what was thread 1, like 100 pages? Anyway, here goes:

121_2188a.jpg

What about this? I assumed it's a fake but I'd like to see experts' opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Old-USMC-Vietn...tZLH_DefaultDom

I will not hold myself out as an 'expert' but I will share some observations:

a.) I have seen this pattern on newsclips of SVN Marines evacuating Da Nang in 1975

b.) I have seen this cut of blouse (but in ARVN Ranger Leaf camo) on a picture dated 1974

c.) The material appears to be poplin, not ripstop as this particular camo pattern is often found in

d.) Does not appear to be any stampings or any other markings

Conclusion => The uniform itself is *possibly* from the late war era (1974-75), certainly after the cessation of the *majority* of US involvement. The lack of a stamping in the collar is a problem however.

I cannot speak for the insignia - I do not know when the last USMC advisor left SVN but this shirt would indicate that it was '74-75. This might be the case but I am doubtful.