Tiger Stripes Part II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember exact name for that pattern but im 100% sure that its not thai pattern.

Mikko

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Thanks panzerwerk.

The pattern is more like heavy weight late war pattern material. I've forget to precise that the size is a US Small. Not a vietnamese size. This shirt fit to me and I'm not the kind of guy to wear Asian Large shirt... :)

Cheers

Puff from grunts.free.fr

Puff , tour shirt is a modern made by Vietnamese tailor for Dan Sinh Dealer (as stated XUONG B Stamp). The Thai Pattern VNMC was not issued in this cut, only tailor made from the 4 pockets cut shirt

Copran, could you tell me more about Xuong IB? Did this taylor still exist? Since how many time they made replicas?

XUONG IB was supposed to be a Movie Studio who had many legit ARVN items, all were stamped, many were sold at the beginning of 90s. Later, fakers added the stamps to deceive the buyer (who still think that the items came from the studio 's stocks).

XUONG IB was supposed to be a Movie Studio who had many legit ARVN items, all were stamped, many were sold at the beginning of 90s. Later, fakers added the stamps to deceive the buyer (who still think that the items came from the studio 's stocks).

You said "was supposed" to be a movie studio. Does that mean that is not really sure? Where have you catch this info?

Cheers

Puff from grunts.free.fr

Hi tigers! I've found this shirt in Saigon famous military market place in 1999. The cut appear to be VNMC but the pattern looks Thaï??? Anyone could help me to identify?

_mg_0213.jpg

In addition to my precedent pictures:

p1100615.jpgp1100616.jpg

p1100617.jpgp1100618.jpg

Another small detail I've found to this, the first button on the top of the torso was black tainted as seen in the fist additional picture.

Cheers

Puff from grunts.free.fr

Hi Puff,

I'm posting this small pair of pants that seems to be the same pattern as yours but not quite as faded. I really don't know this cut but the buttons are like wartime ones . This pair of pants have a large stamp inside with what appears like a large number 8. I have had these longer than your shirt but don't know exactly when. This may be a post war cut to the pants but they are not ripstop. I can't get the color to come out as bright as Puffs but it is the same. Any comments welcome to further clarify the use and time period of this pattern.

Bob, Super helmet bags . A very rare bunch.

Regards, Mitch

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2020.gif

I would have no problem having the pants and shirt in my collection.

The end of war years ..........is something that needs to be explored deeply ...........and the OD issue helps this greatly .

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif