Tiger Stripes Part II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be real but it only matches my 2 TSP sets in the pattern used. Buttons,pockets,and cuffs don't come close to matching mine.

A place called Omaha Surplus has got a limited supply of TSP tops and bottoms.Their seconds,and they state that

their not vat dyed and will definetely fade.

Just Google Omaha Surplus and when you get the site put tiger stripe in their seach box and it should put you right

there.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

It was the pockets and other features that threw me cos they are never found in TSP's. I could have the very 1st run produced jacket then they switched to the US cut jackets. I had a look at the Omaha website and the tigers they are selling are the ones with the funny print that has that random join running through the print. Oh well back on eBay they go , cheers to all

It was the pockets and other features that threw me cos they are never found in TSP's. I could have the very 1st run produced jacket then they switched to the US cut jackets. I had a look at the Omaha website and the tigers they are selling are the ones with the funny print that has that random join running through the print. Oh well back on eBay they go , cheers to all

The very first run was made in Thailand and sold when TSP went by the name Boval. The pocket pattern on them was the advisor two button.

The second run can be seen in "the horrid book" listed by Johnson as the "Bolding" pattern. Still sold under the name Boval rather than TSP, and advisor two button pockets. I bought the last of the cloth from them.

The third run was sold as the first TSP pattern, again, two button pockets.

Your coat is a fourth run pattern, 2nd TSP, with alterations to take up the sides. The pocket top stitching looks off in your picture, like someone changed the top to "make" it look like a RVN issue piece.

Their fifth run, 3rd TSP, fades wierd and the cloth left a line where it was folded when the pants were washed. This run was not offered long.

Their sixth run, 4th TSP, was the light cloth that faded to a gray, and was the crappiest they sold.

The seventh run, 5th TSP, was very heavy cloth, dark green versus an olive tint. Again, I bought some of that cloth from them.

The eighth run, 6th TSP was probably the best cloth and pattern coloration they did. They did a couple more runs where the variations were so slight you can only tell them in the wash fade.

Somewhere around run 11 they went to a pattern that just looked "bright" when you saw it in the day light and it had modern USGI buttons. I did not buy any of these.

There were a couple of runs after that with the USGI buttons and the only difference in these is the wash fade.

Then there was the short crotch pants runs and TRU-Spec.

In all of these I never saw a single button pocket shirt made by them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes, I think thats right. Am pretty sure its a MASH shirt. Their copy of the gold pattern had a distinctive horizontal pattern repeat that you can see on the back of the shirt

Hello,

the fabric looks good to me and the cut could be made by a tailor (cuff design, costum made)

BUT the black stripes is unsual for me.

i think is a good repro.

post-14146-1287330322.jpg

I haven't seen Matt's pattern before.

Yes, this is complete new to me also....

What pattern is it in post #627?

Mikko

"Mistakes in combat are unpardonable sins, punishable by death." By Joe Walker, RT California

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I completed to read and look at the two tiger threads some time ago.

Still, I'm far away from being an expert.

Matt, what's the story behind the last shirt you showed here?

It looks like a derivative of the first marine pattern.

I haven't shown any pics of my small tiger collection yet.

I'm sorry for the bad picture quality.

This is a shirt I got from Copran.

I like that the left and right side of the front are made of different areas of the pattern.

post-9053-1290350554.jpg

donation2012.gif