Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Sorry guys this is the only pic i got but does this look like an 80's Tiger Stripe Product or the real thing?

hey,

yes, early 80s tigerstripe production

So many beautiful tiger patterns , love them all but i do have a favorite pattern, late war light tigers , post your favorite tiger , thanks :thumbsup:

BWehvhWkKGrHgoH-DIEjlLlul7eBKl9g-1.jpg

007-12.jpg

006-18.jpg

005-16.jpg

017-2.jpg

This one turned up in an antique store in Savannah a few years ago. I thought I'd post it since there seemed to be some interest in child's souvenir uniforms. This one is sized for a small child, probably 3 years old or so.

post-265-1272410623.jpg

This one turned up in an antique store in Savannah a few years ago. I thought I'd post it since there seemed to be some interest in child's souvenir uniforms. This one is sized for a small child, probably 3 years old or so.

my daughter is 3, please send to me :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

the set is made in VNMC Here is my latest addition, Andrei told me it could be Lt cmdr Mike Walsh shirt (and it matches his size when in Vietnam)

p1100112.jpg

Any thoughts about it ? The pattern is the Sea Wave heavy weight made from japanese contract in Asian cut.

• 4 weeks later...

HELP NEEDED THIS TIME

I need to know your opinion about this shirt (i know better pic would be better but this is only what i have left)

Why i asking is, i sold this shirt and when buyer got it he said that it might be reproduction (and i thought its real 100%)

True colors can be seen left side...i think i took this picture some strange way cause right side looks more darker

Stamp says US-M

So here it is...

post-5424-1276175070.jpg

100% real in every way .

Lightweight tigers are paper thin and will cast doubts at even being real militaria to a novice.

owen

vintageproductions

There is a repro of this set available in Japan right now, so I am sure it is available elsewheres.

• 2 weeks later...
vintageproductions

Here's something I have been looking for, for a couple of months ago.

ts.JPG

Around 1988 or 1989 I was in Taiwan hunting down patch manufacturing companies and buying their overruns. I was walking down a "alley" where there were uniform tailors. They all had bolts of the regular ROC tiger stripe and ERDL material. But one shop had this odd bolt of tiger stripe. I asked how much they had, and they said only this one partial bolt and they knew they had had it for many years. There was enough on the bolt to make three tables covers so I bought what they had. I went back a couple of years later and all of these tailor shops were gone.

I used these for years as my table covers. Every show I did I would come in, and in the morning I would go to uncover my tables and find that some scum bag would have cut a section off of the material. I finally got pissed and stopped using them. So I had put it away until I just found the box again.

Just had a nice flea market find last weekend , a Mint tigerstripe suit in the first pattern Army cut and pattern .

size L

Purple tiger fade on this set .

good to see you can still find stuff out there at the Rose Bowl flea market .

owen

post-2009-1277747065.jpg

Just had a nice flea market find last weekend , a Mint tigerstripe suit in the first pattern Army cut and pattern .

size L

Purple tiger fade on this set .

good to see you can still find stuff out there at the Rose Bowl flea market .

owen

SUPERB MY FRIEND

A+J