Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

River Patrol

Yep...you're getting close to my collection in volume...lol

American Graffiti

post-4617-0-20449600-1363904381.jpg

Just came across this great early Vietnam photo.

Taken in 1964 you can just make out his very early tiger stripe pattern shirt, also the US made early cowboy hat.

Neat photo just wanted to share it. It's from the stars and stripes website.

AG

American Graffiti

Hi O,

I think there was another from the original Stars and stripes article but it wasn't as good, but check their website, there are lots of other archive Vietnam stories.

AG

What is exciting is he appears to be wearing first pattern tigers .........

And I am wondering is this may be Peterson who my set came from .

Good eye AG .

owen

American Graffiti

Yep first pattern tigers, soldiers name is apparently Sgt Joe E Jasper. There is another good one from same article of Msgt Wayne Whightsil fording a river in the same kit, tigers and early cowboy hat, both Special Forces.

AG

Hi Bob ,

What a wondeitul group of tigers in the camo corner. Some great pieces !!

I have attached a picture of a shirt I have. It is small , maybe medium weight. I was wondering what pattern it may be or is it just an obscure pattern. I believe it to be real.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-28623500-1363993944.jpg

Hi,

I thought I would post something a little different. It is a teenage size souvenir tiger flightsuit. It is a little over 4 feet high, so maybe for a kid around 5 feet. It is made with a material that is the same weight and feel of the 2 gold boonies I have. It has the smaller brass YKK zippers. It appears unworn. Thanks for looking.

Mitch

post-592-0-54225500-1363994321.jpg

Mitch .

Your tiger shirt is monster tiger and its real.

So far the matching trousers has not been found ............but they will turn up some day .

I used to own the RON flight suit many years ago ...and it good to see an old friend.

owen

Here is one my complete sets, came from B-53 veteran widow with jungle jacket and and original documents. Jacket has fours straight pockets. I think sleeve snaps are custom made but some cammo expert can tell if for sure. -Mikko post-5424-0-89231500-1364033809.jpg

What do you mean, sleeve snaps?

Bob, other asian cut tiger what i have had have been without slit and buttons if i remember correct. I might be wrong. Owen, watermark is just people cant post it to other sites

post better pictures .

the watermark is not needed .

your pictures are crap .

who would need to post your set on another site ?

what makes this set so special ?

post better pictures .

the watermark is not needed .

your pictures are crap .

who would need to post your set on another site ?

what makes this set so special ?

Cropping pictures to smaller makes pictures crap...this image was 16mb at first place. There is no anything special on it, i just dont want to see my pics posted without my permission. Below is image before last cropping...if its still too messy, i need to take new pics, i deleted original RAW images

So it's cut in the US style not the ARVN style, with the cuffs?

arvn style a-l marked with a cuffs, i had similar a-l marked shirt while ago without cuffs

Here is one my complete sets, came from B-53 veteran widow with jungle jacket and and original documents. Jacket has fours straight pockets. I think sleeve snaps are custom made but some cammo expert can tell if for sure. -Mikko

Hi Mikko,

nice set!

Your shirt is late war dense pattern.

Within this pattern (only heavyweight), the cuff of the sleeve (slit & buttons) is like your shirt,

it's original issued (non costum made).

What makes this set so special ? -> You have a nice 4 pockets modi shirt with matching pattern and fabric.

--

Are the buttons of the lower pockets covered, too ?

Regards Gimp

P.s.: The pants are tadpole sparse/silver pattern.