Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Bombe_Atomique

I have a question:

I bought this shirt from Duffy

post-9053-1300830318.jpg

The thing is someone's interested in this shirt.

How big is the chance that I will find another one in this pattern for a reasonable price?

I really want this pattern in my collection.

I have a question:

I bought this shirt from Duffy

post-9053-1300830318.jpg

The thing is someone's interested in this shirt.

How big is the chance that I will find another one in this pattern for a reasonable price?

I really want this pattern in my collection.

You might find another shirt like that but i can say that you will not ever find another shirt which belong to sog/tailwind member.

Keep it or you'll regret it some day

By the way, i have tiger boonie from same gentleman

Mikko

Bombe_Atomique
What pattern is that?

I'm a newbie.

Japanese? classic pattern?

but the variant with more stripes with longer repeat length.

Johnson calls it JWS

Any one have any opinions on this one?

ThaiTiger.jpg

I saw it on eBay that it was for a child, but other than that I've never seen one like it. Uncommon I'd say.

I saw it on eBay that it was for a child, but other than that I've never seen one like it. Uncommon I'd say.

Yep, same one, and tiny. Any opinions on the pattern?

Here is a pic of a non tiger kids uniform posted on another forum that I will repost to show the trend....

dadandme.jpg

It's a Thai pattern.

I agree. I used to see USAF stuff done in this pattern... jungle fatigues, flight suits or party suits.

I agree. I used to see USAF stuff done in this pattern... jungle fatigues, flight suits or party suits.

Thanks gentlemen,

Any idea on when this pattern started to be used?

Posting a couple of Tigers for comment / opinion as follows: First up a nice original Airborne cut shirt - what seems different about this example is that instead of a secondary brown/tan color, a jade green color is used. Shirt is faded towards upper back / shoulders to give an attractive color range. Any idea when this pattern shirt / print may have been used ? Shirt is a useful anglo size, but no stamps / marks. Normal shaved buttons.

post-4733-1301918997.jpg

post-4733-1301919016.jpg

post-4733-1301919041.jpg

Posting a couple of Tigers for comment / opinion as follows: First up a nice original Airborne cut shirt - what seems different about this example is that instead of a secondary brown/tan color, a jade green color is used. Shirt is faded towards upper back / shoulders to give an attractive color range. Any idea when this pattern shirt / print may have been used ? Shirt is a useful anglo size, but no stamps / marks. Normal shaved buttons.

Next up is a a civilian-type hunting jacket - Tiger print appears to be a correct SE Asia pattern type, buttons are typical SE Asia shaved-edge type. Jacket is cut as a hunting / chore jacket, with shotgun cartridge sleeves, and patch pockets (one removed though flap remains). Lined with quilted orange nylon. No labels. Grateful for any comment as to the authenticity of fabric used - I am pretty sure that this is SE Asia or Japan made, but not sure if this is some custom Deer Hunter special, or a civilian market item made using possible original spec cloth. Thanks for your thoughts...

post-4733-1301919562.jpg

post-4733-1301919577.jpg

post-4733-1301919590.jpg

American Graffiti

Pluto,

that hunting one looks great, really nice print.

I did have a ripstop orange lined tiger hunting jacket once, but this looks like older cloth used as hunting gear. V. nice.

As for the other, nice fade, nice size, nicer price!

AG

Pluto,

that hunting one looks great, really nice print.

I did have a ripstop orange lined tiger hunting jacket once, but this looks like older cloth used as hunting gear. V. nice.

As for the other, nice fade, nice size, nicer price!

AG

Hi AG,

glad they appeal - the JWD A/B shirt was a lucky snaffle, for sure.. its really a lovely and well-crafted print, still retaining a good sheen to the cotton. The jade green secondary color is unusual and gives the shirt a great overall tone.

...as for the Deer Hunter, this late war TS print is hallucinogenic in comparison. Did your hunt jacket have labels etc ? .. this one has the usual VN shaved buttons, plus the buttonholes are stitched the same way as on VN TS - ie a very fine, slight, non-keyhole stitch. I am happy to be wrong, but somehow this jacket does not feel like a mass-production piece - the inside sleeves are made of too many panels, almost like someone tried and did not quite get it right the first time..

Would love to hear hear any other thoughts on either of these prints..

cheers,

Pluto

American Graffiti

Pluto,

mine didn't have a label but was definitely a Kamo brand type thing, yours is a different kettle of fish definitely.

AG

G´day gents.

Is this a real Tiger Vietnam era or not?

Ebay no: 270730976652

Best regards// Martin

Looks real to me.They are like a light weight set I have.I had two sets from the same vet.

RD

• 4 weeks later...

some heavy weight tigers

with black double button leg and arm pockets

also us meduim stamped in trousers

nice colours

jack

post-6335-1304206282.jpg