Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

I will try to dig up the up the website. It wasnt for sale - luckily for my bank bank balance - it was shown as a reference pic. `Looks like a near perfect copy of a K2B

post-13485-1296510106.jpg

Do you have any pictures of Monster pattern, Owen? I don't think I have every seen it. Or any one else?

Tim

These trousers were sold by Indochina Militaria years ago.

post-1523-1296511124.jpg

Mike ,

this is first model tiger , not the flight suit shown above .

scale is completely different as are colors .

owen

I know the uniform you showing here thats a very nice and mint VNMC 1st pattern for sure.

the scale and the colors on flight suit confused me a bit too thats not the way it is normally but it also dosn't look like a VNMC 2nd pattern print?

that must be realy somthing special its a interestin pice @ all!?

let's wait for some close up pix.

mike

Just because its NOT 1st pattern ...still does not mean its not an early rare first pattern print.

Think the pattern as issued to the Army .

Only as the Beo-gam peaked caps with the ties to the rear as only made in a hybrid light weight fabric .......so is the issue Tiger cap made from the light weight fabric , unless its a shirt cup up at camp level.

Here is the flight suit print on a cap .

post-2009-1296576724.jpg

post-2009-1296576937.jpg

Here is a quick side by side .

The colors and fabric printing are light years apart , VNMC patten being screen printed on TOP of the fabric , cap being VAT dyed INTO the fabric .

The first pattern cloth dates from pre 63 and the cap around 63, so its safe to say some one got hold of the flight suit fabric around or later d=from this time frame , maybe even way later as the pattern could have been scraped by the time the suit was ordered and thats all their was to hand ?

owen

post-2009-1296576986.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Something just for Owen. ;) This a modern day dark tiger stripe uniform being used by the Afghan National Directorate of Security (NDS) who are US trained by the CIA and US Special Forces. Basically....the NDS is the Afghan version of the US CIA.

What is interesting about this set is that it is modeled after the US Special Forces modified uniforms. This one has chest pockets and pockets on the sleeve. There are no lower pockets as body armor would make these pockets useless. As you can see, the set also has shoulder straps for the wear of rank slides.

Not 100% sure if this set is US made or Afghan made. As you can see, a dark tiger stripe would is not suited for Afghanistan. I think them wearing this pattern has more to do with the NDS being an elite organization than anything else.

Link to tiger stripe article: http://kitup.military.com/2010/06/tiger-st...fghanistan.html

The only marking I can find on these is a L tag in the neck area. Other than that...no markings whatsoever. I know these may look like commercial hunting garments, but they are not. If you notice in the picture I posted of this pattern being in use, you can see the first soldier's shoulder strap coming out from underneath the body armor.

afghan_tigers.jpg

Gimp,

The guy at the very end does appear to be wearing the TSP or Tru-Spec. I'd like to find a set of it with all the patches.

I think the dark tiger set I just bought will be displayed in the "war room" with an Afghan copy of the US Dpecial Forces Direct Action (DA) Trauma vest.

Arch

p.s. thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup:

Several things going on here .

Its great to see Tiger having a long shelf life and still being thought of as a viable pattern.

Dang its now hitting 60 !!!!

Both Classic and the dark print from the 80s being used , with just the L tag it sounds like its being re poped in the Local area , until I got to seriously finger a set thats all my thoughts so far , but WOW its great to see there is life in the old dog still.

oen

• 2 weeks later...
vintageproductions

Here is a wild pair of tigers that came in my shop today. Standard ARVN issue, probably a size A-S but are unmarked. Whomever wore them took the hip pockets and one rear pocket off a set of Silvers and tailored them. Cool looking modification in my book.

ts1.jpg

ts2.jpg

ts3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
TrenchfootJoe66

Very cool. I once had a set of late war Tigers with about an inch of silver TS material added to the bottom of the pants legs. Like an rump I sold them when I decided to sell off my collection a few yaers ago. The rebuilding process continues, slowly.

Here is a pair of weird tigers from the flea market .

The pattern is like lizard but different.

These are typical Viet made and the lining is Viet Police Earth flower pattern !

Typical pockets on these custom pants , but something I have never seen before .

owen

post-2009-1300119540.jpg

bravo_2_zero

They almost look like the stripes found on the period hunting tigers and have a similar green tint to a well faded set but with leafs on them ? It's a little hard to make out the shapes on this crappy netbook i have :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Custom Experimental cloth ?

Here is a pair of weird tigers from the flea market .

The pattern is like lizard but different.

These are typical Viet made and the lining is Viet Police Earth flower pattern !

Typical pockets on these custom pants , but something I have never seen before .

owen

Hi Owen is look like variante of this one Cheers J

post-1486-1300192285.jpg

Hi J ,

In a nut shell YES !

Its the same print indeed , the base color is a bit different but the print is the same ,its a thick OD 107 fabric right ?

Lets see the back if you have that picture .

o

Hi J ,

In a nut shell YES !

Its the same print indeed , the base color is a bit different but the print is the same ,its a thick OD 107 fabric right ?

Lets see the back if you have that picture .

o

Hi Owen i try to post it soon, the buttons of my shirt is dark brown not black Cheers J