Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Gimp, look at the 2 pictures below.....

post-532-1295986645.jpg

post-532-1295986670.jpg

This pattern looks to me to be the same as the set that was sold on eBay. THIS IS NOT TSP MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this material in shirts before. So have a few others. That set, while I though it MIGHT have been TSP, I think it's right as rain once I looked at it a bit more.

Gimp, look at the 2 pictures below.....

post-532-1295986645.jpg

post-532-1295986670.jpg

This pattern looks to me to be the same as the set that was sold on eBay. THIS IS NOT TSP MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this material in shirts before. So have a few others. That set, while I though it MIGHT have been TSP, I think it's right as rain once I looked at it a bit more.

Spike,

the beret you show here is legit, but the ebay auction set is still a TSP repro, you look at the wrong part of the pattern to make the comparison.

Bob,

If you think you are right about your opinion, I appreciate you ask the Adminitrator to restore the thread, he took too long time to review it. It seems that our requests were not heard

Cop, if you really feel that way that is your right. My gut feeling and everyone else's except you, MF and gimp, is that it's a legit set. To each their own.

Here is something else in the exact same print , a boonie hat from 1965.

Is this worth paying your membership dues ?

owen

:thumbsup:

thats what I mean Spike ;)

Cop, if you really feel that way that is your right. My gut feeling and everyone else's except you, MF and gimp, is that it's a legit set. To each their own.

sorry Spike

i dont feel that the ebay set is legit, my opinion is TSP....

this set is like the set, which posted on post 536

(this pants are the same cut with the US stamp)

The other side .

This one has got the rich purples which collectors covet.

Poor dyes made from Vegies produce this aspect of tigers "black" stripes that gives it its rich visual appeal.

This print was developed in 1963 in Japan to meet the ever growing need for protective combat clothing for the ever growing war.

Each year the pattern changed in both format , scale ,colors and fabric.

Some designs had certain shapes both added and taken away.

By 66 like the above which has members doubt ....is just a product of the pattern being copied and reaching a final design product before it was again changed again but even more manufactures.

post-2009-1295989285.jpg

And the top .

After a while , one sees many different clues in the whole story of stripe.

Its not just the print , but in fact the cloth and sewing , the item in question has some serious sewing style that is not modern double needle mass produced in a modern factory with poly cotton thread.

Developing an eye for this takes many years of studying hundreds of pieces of both tiger , and vintage clothing items.

Books help ....but fingering the real thing , and casting an eye over old sewing really gives one the eye to tell in a split second , right from wrong.

This is in fact the most important aspect of collecting .

owen

post-2009-1295989776.jpg

post-532-1295991646.jpg

post-532-1295990565.jpg

The top pic show the material I have, the bottom is a cropped image from the auction showing a part of the pattern on the waist band that is pretty much the same as the top pic. I know there will always be slight differences of the pattern during the printing process but these 2 shapes in the pattern look almost exactly alike and even the color is close. The top pic is NOT TSP MATERIAL!

American Graffiti

Hey fellas,

here's one of mine same print as Spike displayed.

This is a four pocket jacket, cut edge buttons, cotton thread etc. I always thought this was Japanese made, anyone seen anymore like this?

AG

post-4617-1295991936.jpg

post-4617-1295991975.jpg

post-532-1295991646.jpg

post-532-1295990565.jpg

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//m...-1295991646.jpg

The top pic show the material I have, the bottom is a cropped image from the auction showing a part of the pattern on the waist band that is pretty much the same as the top pic. I know there will always be slight differences of the pattern during the printing process but these 2 shapes in the pattern look almost exactly alike and even the color is close. The top pic is NOT TSP MATERIAL!

Hello gentlemen,

i dont want to disrespect anybody!!

A forum is there to disuss, to exchange opinion, to get and give knowledges. I'm not an expert like some other "older" experienced collectors, but what i know is what i know (if i'm wrong, everybody can 'give me a lesson' or prove the opposite)

I just want to clarify some positions.

Regards

1. the follower of Tigerstripe Productions is Truspec.

even my Truspec shirt has the part, which Spike (post 763) shown us before, see the PICs

spikespartxdd1.jpg

post-6590-1296246557.jpg

Gimp , Not garment cut , print ..........read what I wrote please .

Do you have any pieces in this pattern ?

simple question .

I think pics say more than thausand words, i think this answer your questions.

I compare my TRUSPEC variant 1 pattern with TRUSPEC variant 2 and my legit JWD / Classic Pattern shirt.

The marking points show up to understand what i / we meaning.

left: TRUSPEC variant 1, right: TRUSPEC variant 2:

post-6590-1296247576.jpg