Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Shame the average guy can't afford Buzz Rickson, cause they look good.

Agreed.

Jacket = 18690 JPY = $228

Pants = 17640 JPY = $215

Hat = 8295 JPY = $101

br3.jpg

Corpsmancollector

Oh, those converse are COOL...

The Real McCoy's hooded sweater above would also go well with them...

I think it's fair to say tigers are defninitely 'in' :lol:

It is interesting that Buzz Rickson, who are normally total sticklers for smallest detail, have at least one major error that in the pattern for their Tigers. This really makes them look quite wrong. I wonder if they have done this deliberately to stop them being sold on as originals. Also calling them 'Gold Tiger' seems strange a little strange when it is the classic pattern/JWD - again, not like the usual Buzz Rickson level of correctness.

WHere can you buy Buzz Ricksons's?

You can buy direct without a proxy from Japanese sites like Vari and Milwaukee who will ship overseas. History Preservation in the U.S. sells BR as well, but no TS.

vintageproductions
It is interesting that Buzz Rickson, who are normally total sticklers for smallest detail, have at least one major error that in the pattern for their Tigers. This really makes them look quite wrong. I wonder if they have done this deliberately to stop them being sold on as originals. Also calling them 'Gold Tiger' seems strange a little strange when it is the classic pattern/JWD - again, not like the usual Buzz Rickson level of correctness.

The Buzz Rickson gold's are good for just wearing around but not their usual quality. I loaned them three sets of original golds for them to copy. I feel they were rushed to get these out and just cut a bunch of corners.

Are they popular with the Japanese and other countries reenactors? Reason I ask is because, other than here,

I had never even heard of them, and people never discuss them.

Items are geared towards people who want to wear tigers and look cool..............

simply put one of the best fashion patterns ever , due in part to , The Clash , Apoc now ,Deer Hunter , Close Encounters of the third kind well I am joking about the last one but you get the picture.

owen

vintageproductions

Tiger Stripes have been collected for a long time in Japan, probably stronger then anywhere else in the world, besides the US. Plus tiger stripes are worn as a fashion item there.

The Buzz Rickson gold's are good for just wearing around but not their usual quality. I loaned them three sets of original golds for them to copy. I feel they were rushed to get these out and just cut a bunch of corners.

Thats interesting. When I heard they where doing them I thought they would be the one company that would put out a near perfect copy. Still, I guess it does protect the collector market a little bit.

vintageproductions

The only Japanese company that has ever hit the remakes dead on, was MASH. It took them three years to devlop their pattern, find the right cloth printer and manufacture before they hit the market. The rest just slap them together and ran them.

Here is a classic textbook Tiger Stripe boonie hat .

This is typical of 66 70 issue to all CIDG MF Green berets ect .

This one is mint condition and was found by my 13 years ago at Red Stat Militaria , now sadly gone from the LA scene .

I just got it back in a trade from Paul M .

post-2009-1294427856.jpg

Something you do not see all that often , Air vents going all the way through .

See the stitch pattern on the brim?

Its always like this on this cut of boonie.

post-2009-1294428486.jpg

I haven't seen this before - lightweight Sea Wave on a standard 5 pocket pants. As listed on ebay at the moment. Owen/Bob, have you come across this before? Or do you think a custom garment?

post-13485-1294693797.jpg