Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

D

Awsome sets you have .

I have always called tigers Tiger suits , it seem fitting !!!

Those gold trousers are one of the best fades I have seen in years .

owen

O

Spot on my friend.Very fitting indeed.

Thanks for looking.I was thinking an earlier thread had inquired to what the vets called them.I had forgotten that Doc had written this on the note when I bought the set from him at a gunshow back in the early 1990s.

The golds are part of a group of stuff I got from a SF Captain who was also a collector.He would do our gunshows as a walk through.He sold me a box of stuff.Uniforms,SOG banna bolo,Gerber,badged jungle fatiques,map,ERDLs,manuals etc.Dont know if it was all his extras or threw together.

Mike thanks the comment.

D

Looks like the shirt recently sold from Thailand, I think it s a local copy of Silver pattern. Usually the material looks yellownish but this one is green

hello,

thanks all !!

but is there any other opinions, independent of knowing of the sell-origin "thailand",

whats with south-korea repro etc.....

regards

hello, i have a friend he bought this ts shirt just for fun.

who know this pattern and who reproduced this in which year?

Sure looks suspiciously like the 'Ralph Lauren' knock off with the tag ripped out

Not easy to tell from the pics but i would say it is a JWD , early asian cut ( two chest pocket, covered single buttons ) , may be wrong though, lets here others :think:

hello, i have a friend he bought this ts shirt just for fun.

who know this pattern and who reproduced this in which year?

regards

hey,

i would say this tiger pattern is:

"model 76 SVN"

if the south wins the war, they would issue this pattern

LOL

Thought I'd post another set for your Monday morning....

The pants I've owned since 1981. I have a photos of me (somewhere) wearing these (circa 1984) while in the USMC. Not on duty or anything, but just being a pouge around base. They were extended about 3-4 inches at the cuffs long before I bought them. The shirt was added later - late 1990's. The arm pocket is the two button type as well as the small pocket on the leg.

It's just been my experience, but it's harder to find faded/well used tigers. They must of gotten tossed or worn out painting the house and doing yard work when the guys returned home.

I think these colors are cool... Thanks for looking.

101_3829a.jpg

Pocket on the arm - two button

101_3832a.jpg

101_3833a.jpg

101_3819a.jpg

101_3823a.jpg

101_3821a.jpg

101_3825a.jpg

101_3847a.jpg

101_3844a.jpg

Hello all,

Here some of the TS I hauled since the end of summer, many got in France thrift stores :D

1st is an M58 Classic Tiger shirt, this is an uncommon cut, usually seen with the silver (or Tadpole) pattern, this one is made in early classic Tiger (the one which faded to purple, not to silver). Unlike the M58 USMC shirt, this one doesn't have inside chest pocket

post-1523-1254347025.jpg