Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Just made it through the 100 pages of the first thread.... wow.

After reading it all, checking out the pictures, I'm blown away.

I haven't been keeping up to date on collecting tigers for about 4-5 years. Maybe bid on an odd item here and there on e-bay but quite honestly, I got sick of all the fakes being sold as originals. Just by chance, I found this website and then these threads. Man, is it refreshing!

One point made several times in the first thread was RJ. I have to admit, I've been using those names and explanations as my only reference for years. I think I'll be making a conscious effort to change my language from here on out. So if I slip, you all have permission to e-pimp slap me.

It's also nice to see some guys on here I've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm looking forward to becoming a regular on here...

Hi All,

Copran,

You got a very nice early classic pattern set I love brownish-yellow tint you don’t find this very often! Great :thumbsup: !

Dodtown,

Welcome to the best thread on this forum!

Nice US cut classic pattern set on post 180 I like the boonie most!

Your Western Costume Co. set its absolutely great!, that’s definitely one of those sets made for the movie The Green Berets!, that’s a real rare find :w00t: !!

Butcher,

great pictures!, keep on coming :thumbsup: !

Great Movie uniform .

On the trousers you will notice the fake back and leg pockets present .

Do not forget that Tiger uniforms were used in close incounters of the 3rd kind mountain scene .

Cop ,

One of my favourite cuts in tiger , well done

owen

Great Movie uniform .

On the trousers you will notice the fake back and leg pockets present .

Do not forget that Tiger uniforms were used in close incounters of the 3rd kind mountain scene .

Cop ,

One of my favourite cuts in tiger , well done

owen

Owen, I believe you've seen/held this movie set some time ago. Way back when at Ft. Macarther about 6-7 years ago.

check out my gold shirt

unusual the cuffs are a very much gold colour

but the rest of the body is a musatrdy greenish colour

with dark black tones?

post-6335-1253061762.jpg

Hi,

good looking cuffs, nice colour, one of the most cammon "gold pattern" fade!

No doubt 100% legit.... nice shirt :thumbsup:

Regards

MF

I found these photos of my garment bag and thought I'd post.... The colors on this are really crisp and bright and its one of my favorite pieces.

Anyone have info on this guy?

Thanks in advance...

112_1250x.jpg

112_1252x.jpg

112_1251x.jpg

Found these A-M size pants at goodwill for $7 in the Halloween section. They real? My first Tiger Stripes, not very knowledgeable about them.

0916_02.jpg

0916_03.jpg

0916_04.jpg

Hi

your pants is good as rain!

Nice score especialy for 7 bugs I would take another look through the Halloween section maybe there are some more :blink:

Regards

Mike

I combed every inch of that store hoping to find a matching shirt, no luck. I cleaned out the 3 local goodwills halloween sections, I'll check back in a few days after a restock. Also which type of tiger is this?

Hi

your pants is good as rain!

Nice score especialy for 7 bugs I would take another look through the Halloween section maybe there are some more :blink:

Regards

Mike

I combed every inch of that store hoping to find a matching shirt, no luck. I cleaned out the 3 local goodwills halloween sections, I'll check back in a few days after a restock. Also which type of tiger is this?

TRy to look more, this is not the most rare pattern but still is very cool. the cheapest item in this pattern I ve ever bought cost me 70$in ebay, so 7$ iare almost free :) , good luck to find the matching shirt