Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

HI mhk

the pictures are not realy sharp but it's definitely a "silver pattern"

I'am not 100% sure if it's original or one of the extra nice MASH repro? but my feeling says it's a VN war period piece?

Anyway even not bad If it's a MASH repro because the price of them is very close to the original ones!

Whit some better pics. and a cloe up shot from the camo print we could make a more exactly statement.

Regards

Mike

Awsome combat photograph .

You can just feel the tension and stress of battle .

It is written on the faces of everyone present .

Looking deeper into the picture you will notice the uniforms damage .

A stunning image .

Thanks for posting .

owen

Hi all,

My latest purchase, a set of early war cut with pleated pockets, made in classic pattern. This one has brownish-yellow tint. The set is in mint condition in A-S size

post-1523-1252788812.jpg

heknowsyouknow

hello everyone .. whats the best repo tigers ya can get in the states or world wide to date whould everyone say ..i ahve seen a lot on ebay and been wacth ing a few ..one set sell for £38 total inc shipping so am leaning that way as cash is tight ..have just started doing LRRPS .i have been wanting to do nam for a while now ..have been doing ww2 2nd rangers for the last 7 years and this will be a side line for me ..only have a few bits to date ,,and only want to know more about the nam side of things

andy

Thought I'd post a photo of one of my sets.... I've got some reading to catch up on - what was thread 1, like 100 pages? Anyway, here goes:

121_2188a.jpg

What about this? I assumed it's a fake but I'd like to see experts' opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Old-USMC-Vietn...tZLH_DefaultDom

I will not hold myself out as an 'expert' but I will share some observations:

a.) I have seen this pattern on newsclips of SVN Marines evacuating Da Nang in 1975

b.) I have seen this cut of blouse (but in ARVN Ranger Leaf camo) on a picture dated 1974

c.) The material appears to be poplin, not ripstop as this particular camo pattern is often found in

d.) Does not appear to be any stampings or any other markings

Conclusion => The uniform itself is *possibly* from the late war era (1974-75), certainly after the cessation of the *majority* of US involvement. The lack of a stamping in the collar is a problem however.

I cannot speak for the insignia - I do not know when the last USMC advisor left SVN but this shirt would indicate that it was '74-75. This might be the case but I am doubtful.

I will not hold myself out as an 'expert' but I will share some observations:

a.) I have seen this pattern on newsclips of SVN Marines evacuating Da Nang in 1975

b.) I have seen this cut of blouse (but in ARVN Ranger Leaf camo) on a picture dated 1974

c.) The material appears to be poplin, not ripstop as this particular camo pattern is often found in

d.) Does not appear to be any stampings or any other markings

Conclusion => The uniform itself is *possibly* from the late war era (1974-75), certainly after the cessation of the *majority* of US involvement. The lack of a stamping in the collar is a problem however.

I cannot speak for the insignia - I do not know when the last USMC advisor left SVN but this shirt would indicate that it was '74-75. This might be the case but I am doubtful.

hey,

i have a document movie with an arvn march in 74-75. the tigers they are wearing in this docu have four front pockets like this ebay link, but i dont sure about the pattern.

if you like, i will make a screen-shot only for you!

thanks GIMP

I was just catching up on my reading.... the first thread. You guys mentioned tigers used in movies. Back on post 1270 or so, there were some shots of one used in the Green Beret movie.

I'm attaching photos of my set - matching shirt and pants in that very lightweight material. Note the buttons.... also the pockets (or lack thereof) on the pant legs. Just the flap is there.

Interestingly, inside the pants is marked "Stacy w/leg on". Note the marked out "Western Costume Co" stamp as well.

I'd love to try and match up my set with the photos Vintage Productions has of from the costume dept. Maybe see who wore this set by matching the stripes?

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Man, I love this thread....

101_3754.jpg

101_3748.jpg

101_3751.jpg

101_3753.jpg

101_3750.jpg

101_3752.jpg