Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

awsome beret if it is real!!!!

Any inside shots ???

owen

This is not my beret, i'm all into green berets at the moment, tigerstripe berets will be after that :lol:

post-467-1226403406.jpg

MASH just released their new silver pattern tiger stripe flight bag. We just got our samples in and they are great.

post-492-1250189179.jpg

That flight bag looks really sharp, hope they reconsider doing their tigertsripe uniforms again , that would really be great !!!

vintageproductions

They won't be doing the uniforms again. I have been on the owner, who is also my business partner, and he has said flat out, he will not do anymore, no matter what.

They won't be doing the uniforms again. I have been on the owner, who is also my business partner, and he has said flat out, he will not do anymore, no matter what.

Any particular reason?

vintageproductions

Yes, there is. When MASH does a particular item, they usualy do it one time only and never again. This is why their repros command the prices they do. The gold tiger stripes were ran once and the silver patterns were run twice. All togther they made 600 sets and 450 extra pants. He has other projects in the works, and he is a perfectionists, and wants to devote all his time and energy to his next projects.

when i was in japan in april i called mash and asked if they had ANY of their repro tigers left in stock and they said with an emphatic NO and that they weren't making any. dude sounded lik he had been asked that question a lot lol.

awsome beret if it is real!!!!

Any inside shots ???

owen

I hope its a real Nam beret because it currently seats in my collection for a couple of years !

There is a very nice golden tigerstripe set & boonie for sale on e-bay but i think thety are allready sold out, there was just like eight sets for sale !!!

BYCyOmkKGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0usBKfegzujOg.jpg

BYCyQ3gBWkKGrHgoH-DsEjlLl0BVjBKfeg-.jpg

BYCySnQ2kKGrHgoH-CgEjlLl5ZdBKfehHiV.jpg

BYCye9gB2kKGrHgoH-D0EjlLlyn79BKfeiH.jpg

Golds come in many colors but the pattern is always something like this or am i wrong, have only one gold garment and the repro i posted earler is a JWD BYzp50gWkKGrHgoH-D4EjlLle-etBKjfCFu.jpg!!!

Hey B.

got you some new TS pieces in your collection?

Regards

Mike

I just got this mint late war light weight tigerstripe shirt ( US -l ) and another silver pants ( US -M ) , hopefully i get that golden shirt as well !!!

BWehQBWkKGrHgoH-CMEjlLlsBKl9uS2Bw_3.jpg

BWehvhWkKGrHgoH-DIEjlLlul7eBKl9gmFO.jpg

I need a little help here from you guys, just recieved a late war light weight tigerstripe shirt but the pattern seems a bit different ( do not get confused by the leopard pattern in the background ) , stamp & stitching is identical, material feels a bit heavier or is it maybe because this one is mint, this one fits me like a glove, allready went to the pub for a couple ( X 10 ) of beers, Owen & Paul, miss you guys but i will be there soon, thanks a lot :P

003-16.jpg

004-15.jpg

005-16.jpg

006-18.jpg

007-12.jpg

008-15.jpg

009-13.jpg

General Westmoreland inspecting a CIDG outfit & thinking ' why , i'm the boss and they get to wear those nice uniforms ' :lol:

Westmoreland005.jpg

Looks like a nice VN made flash and Captains rank on the Captain in the corner of the photo.

RD

vintageproductions

The only difference on the two lightweights, is one is unused. As these thinner shirts get worn and laundered, they keep getting thinner and lighter weight.

I just recieved a golden tigerstripe set from sssmwholesale and it looks really sweet, only two small flaws are a tad oversized cigerette pocket and a bit lower positioned small cargo pocket which should be closer to the larger cargo pocket but other than that i have no other negative remarks, weight, material, pattern, buttons, everything seems just right and oh yeah, dont like the huge size stamp and there should be a hanger but hey, lets not be so critical, after all its just a very good repro , any comments ?

009-14.jpg

012-14.jpg

014-11.jpg

017-4.jpg

013-15.jpg

006-19.jpg

Hi B

Thats a classic "John Wayne Gold" set isn't it? :lol:

The set looks no bad for me I like the bright colours with the dark black stripes :thumbsup: !

Nice repro at all!

Regards

Mike

Hi B

Thats a classic "John Wayne Gold" set isn't it? :lol:

The set looks no bad for me I like the bright colours with the dark black stripes :thumbsup: !

Nice repro at all!

Regards

Mike

Yes, i noticed about the pattern, JWD-Gold crossover pattern, i like it though !

Please post some pics of the late war tiger set you bought, would like to see it upclose ,ordered one too !!!

Hi B.

here some pics. from the late war light wight repro.

When I received it I was positive surprised about it the colours was looking much more authentic then on the pics from the seller!

I washed the set two times now and the shape gets looking better and better.

I don't know how all the other repros look especialy after several wash cycles because thats the only one I got for now.

Anyway there did a very good job on selecting a good fabric and on the pattern print as well.

post-4070-1252098491.jpg