Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

FYI the old school, long time experienced collectors have always had their own names for the various patterns. That book and the dude who wrote it rubbed people the wrong way. Without getting into back and forths, that is just how it is.

Look when an author alienated his captive audience it’s a sour note that cancels out much of his work.

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, don't take it bad I just try to understand, did every things is wrong in that book? or not complete ? or just outdated ?

dsc_1623.jpg

This was a recent purchase and I never would have touched this one if it hadn't have come from a friend of mine and if it hadn't have came from the Bragg area.

This is a late 80s or early 90s era Tiger Stripes Products jacket with sewn on tapes and SSI. Jacket is sun faded from use.

From my research, I have tentatively identified the soldier it belonged to and he was assigned to 7th SFG throughout Central and South America. I have reached out to him, but have not heard back from him yet.

11.jpg

22.jpg

55.jpg

Way cool Arch. I hope you got luck with the veteran.

Best

Martin

Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I hope the vet responds as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Cool piece Arch

Owen

Thanks for you help with it too, O. Hope you are well, my friend.

Got the summer covered. Gonna be drinking my coffee or Gentleman Jack with style.

post-2634-0-47978600-1585831192_thumb.jpeg

TS shorts are copies. Now I just need to get the sewing machine out and dusting off my sewing skills.

Best

M

• 3 weeks later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

The "JWS Tiger" he is asking about is "John Wayne Sparse". I know many around here object to Johnson's names, but I don't know the alternative name to "translate".

Early jws john wayne sparse whit large black stripes. Dont know what else to name it. Since what year was it in use and is it possible some pbr unit members worn them.

SOG RT Mamba
On 7/25/2019 at 4:18 AM, kammo-man said:

Posted Image

Here’s a beret from apocalypse now

Owen

This Tiger beret,it's the same beret shown on the apocalypse now movie recording ?.can You show Tiger beret liner?.Thanks.

imageproxy (3).jpg

kammo-man

6e10a307a3ce6195ad0b03499a6d3263.jpg
My son has a lot of tiger
Here’s him doing an advertising campaign for sanctuary clothing wearing today’s day to day face masks!