Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

vintageproductions

Kammo-man is having trouble loading photos right now so he asked me to include this.

He shot this photo at The Rose Bowl this last Sunday morning.

I am sure this will drive a lot of collectors nuts but I think it is totally cool that this guy had no clue he was wearing one of the rarest tiger stripe flight suits, and honestly didn't care. He thought it was a great piece of fashionflague and he was enjoying wearing it.

tsfs1.jpg

vintageproductions

Have you tried buying it from him?

Of course Owen tried and the kid was probably scared why this crazy Irishman was trying to buy his clothes.....

• 2 weeks later...
riflegreen297

Tonight while watching "Any Which Way You Can" I noticed the Tiger hat on the background guy in the bar scene with Clyde.

post-4227-0-61271300-1577243532.png

If this is already posted within one of the two threads or somewhere else on the forum, I apologize. I don't think I have seen it already posted.

• 1 month later...
vintageproductions

How were Tigersuits made in country? I found this staff film report, that shows the construction of uniforms starting at the 9:20 mark. While this footage covers olive green uniforms being made, in the end of the segment you can see they also make tigerstripe uniforms, presumably via the same manner.

You show Kammo-man something he has never heard about before, and it makes him go on the hunt.........

IMG_2784.JPEG

IMG_2786.JPEG

IMG_2788.JPEG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the pattern is typically late war, also the little arm 's pocket with 2 black boutons had been only saw on the LHD and on the Advisors Tape Dense but thoses ones was with green sewing line.

No this is more around the year 1968 to 69 but " Late War, heavy weight dense pattern " is the denomination from the Holy book "Tiger Paterns a guide to the Vietnam war 's tigerstripe combat fatigue patterns and uniforms". when this guy said "late war" for the TS that 's more around the year 69.

dsc_0714.jpg

dsc_1622.jpg