Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I don’t know what tadpoles dense is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a high concentration of frog larva, for example: this water is tadpole dense

post-153751-0-71636500-1545415429_thumb.jpg

@Bowie there are many collectors here do not use Richard Johnson's made up names. Not sure if you are new to the forum, but a read through the two Tiger Stripe threads will tell you pretty much all you need to know. I like your 4 pocket jacket. Very nice.

Posted Image

I was at a civilian vintage show last month in Los Angeles and ran into this mint set of 69 dated Vietnamese marine pattern.

Took it home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Bowie there are many collectors here do not use Richard Johnson's made up names. Not sure if you are new to the forum, but a read through the two Tiger Stripe threads will tell you pretty much all you need to know. I like your 4 pocket jacket. Very nice.

Soar,

Thanks for the response!

I can totally understand and appreciate the conflict in terminology.

Very grateful for everyone sharing knowledge here and making this forum such a tremendous resource!

• 3 months later...

I hope I'm not getting off topic by posting this here, but here is a modern example of Tiger Stripe used by a US Army unit. The 1st Battalion, 509th Infantry (Airborne) serves as the Opposing Forces (OPFOR) at the Army's Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC). They contracted to have a modern Tiger Stripe uniform sewn up specifically for an unconventional unit that the 1-509th replicates in the training scenario. It was done with "Tiger Stripe Products" brand material and sewn by a US government contractor in the same layout as the modern Army OCP uniform.

post-214348-0-37316000-1554051006.jpg

vintageproductions

Here is one we have had for awhile but finally got around to taking photos.

It belonged to a Navy Corpsman attached to the Marine advisory element in the Rung Sat area.

adv.jpg

Similar thing to the tigers Scott posted, we made these Tiger uniforms for role players to act as near peer for training. We made the style from type 3 tropical combat uniform patterns.

The last pic if the full ensemble we supplied, we even made Pakols to complete the look.

post-117117-0-68281100-1554544320_thumb.jpg

I love the fact that tiger has a life bigger than Vietnam.

Its one of those drawings the lives on.

The latest Kanye West tiger camouflage collection proves this.

Kanye West tiger stripe.

:D Owen will reply 'yes' to almost any question like that, because he has pretty much everything.

@ Cap Camouflage - Its locally produced fabric, it is fairly uncommon now and quite expensive when in good condition, but it is about. There are a few versions of it.