Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Ron ,

Cool suit.

Typical you got what you got Tigers and you used them till they busted.

He probably beyond trashed the pants in the field and chucked them.

Remember its a 3 to 1 ratio in pants V shirt wear out.

owen

Fantastic stuff Owen! Thanks for sharing.

That’s the shirt with the pattern like your flight suit. We talked about it somewhere years ago. I don’t remember where but it wasn’t in this thread I think?

It’s much more faded but definitely the same pattern. There are no signs of any stamps but a Japanese factory made garment for sure.

Wonder if this may was an early test run or just produced in small quantities parallel with the common classic cuts?

post-4070-0-54840100-1532624078_thumb.jpg

Thats the shirt.

Would love to handle it !

My suit feels like its never been washed as the above has hit the water a few times.

As we agreed its Japanese made and printed as the print is top notch.

Possible test pattern.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Wow, so many great things I've never even heard of! Thanks for sharing them Kammo-man! That monster camo is really neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, are there any current tiger-stripe manufacturers who produce good quality reproductions of the early 60s, brushed cotton type shirts black, green on almost a light grey base fabric? I've worked my way through every supplier I can think of but only find relatively thick and stiff cotton fabrics used producing gold or tadpole printed on tan or OD. Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fantastic info ,and great pics fellas !!

If I ever figure out how to upload a pic I will post a few.

Charlie Mike

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I recently picked up these 2 Tiger Stripe pieces from a vintage clothing store and was hoping to get some advice here on what they are exactly?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if providing any additional photos or info is necessary?

Thanks!

post-204569-0-23433400-1545024844_thumb.jpg

post-204569-0-26398600-1545025310_thumb.jpg

Here is a closer pic of the stamp and writing on the inside collar of the first one.

This one is a heavier weight material with 4 pockets on the front and 2 buttoned down tabs on either side of the back.

Hey kammo-man,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering first what patterns they are, which based on my research I'm guessing the top would be considered tadpole dense, and the second is late war sparse?

Secondly Id like to know if they're authentic or repro? After checking out the Tiger Patterns book, I was confused about the 4 pocket design with black buttons matching up to that pattern?

Thanks!

They are both real and the black button one has the added pockets probably at a tailor shop.

Low end tiger shirts price wise if you were asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kammo-man,

You mention the extra pockets possibly being added on at a tailor shop. Upon closer inspection there's 2 different threads going on throughout the piece, black and green, but all the material looks consistent as if the whole thing was made in one shot.

Is it possible the original owner went into a tailor shop that was making tadpole dense pieces with the corresponding black buttons and asked for a custom jacket with 4 pockets and tabs on the back as opposed to just picking up the standard one?