Tiger Stripes Part II

Bob Hudson

Hi O,

I don't have it anymore. I sold it here a year or two ago. The material was a bit heavy if I remember it. I have alot of pictures of it yet if you need it. The two inside pockets were made of ripstop erdl.

Mitch

post-592-0-40555900-1448062922.jpg

Thats Cool Mitch.

Did you keep records of ALL your collection?

Unfortunately I had a couple computer crashes, before some saves, but I do have 28,000 e-mails and over 10,000 pictures (some good, some bad). I wish I wrote down more info years ago when I was collecting.

Regards, Mitch

Some new ones to my collection, please excuse me if they have been posted before

First off we have a rather special boon that belonged to John Stryker Meyer, SOG CCN, and you can see hi wearing it on the picture on my site in country

meyer_boonie_1.jpg

meyer_boonie_2.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/uniforms_Meyer_Boonie.htm

Then we have the nice reversible black/tiger Boonie that Guy posted, its now found its way to me

black_tiger_boonie_5.jpg

http://www.modernforces.com/uniforms_black_tiger_boonie.htm

And finally I have posted this before but couldn't resist. It's a tiger stripe apron that belonged to SOG veteran Jerry Weaver, looks to be made in Okinawa

weaver_apron_1.jpg

Wow Paul! That's a special boonie right there and everyone needs a TS apron.

The thing I like about the apron is they took care to try and match the front pockets to the pattern, nice touch

Hello,

Having John Stryker Meyer's TS boonie in one's collection is truly stunning, thank you for sharing.

I also love that TS Apron, this is something I have been thinking of reproducing for a long time for the time I spend in the kitchen.

Thank you all for sharing your amazing collections :)

Wow, there's some really nice tigers here!

I'm sure all "Tigers" have value to them... and jungle jackets are probably the most sought. How about bathing suits or shorts?

Here's one that I just got. I'm sure the repairs and wear on this one is going to bring down the value a bit.

They're a bit faded and has a repair or two to them. I folded back the seam on the leg to show the fade. Looks like a mid-weight fabric but very soft to the touch, almost like flannel.

post-4361-0-33649500-1448979881.jpg

post-4361-0-54190900-1448980030.jpg

post-2009-14491046386184.jpg

Lightweight with nam made tapes US Ssi

Looks like it's been washed a few times and patches are bedded into shirt.

Mill owner called me up and told me he had something right up my alley while I was touring monument valley last weekend.

I got there this morning and was pleasantly surprised

Owen